Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken is an easy recipe that's hearty, flavorful, and delicious. Tender chicken is coated in a sweet and tangy sauce, and your slow cooker does all of the work. Perfect for a simple comfort dish!
- 4-5 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs OR chicken breasts
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger **see note below**
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Place chicken (skin side up if using thighs) in the bottom of your slow cooker and set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk soy sauce, water, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic and ginger. Pour over chicken, cover, and cook on high for 4-5 hours, or on low for 7-8 hours.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside. To thicken sauce, add cornstarch and 2 tablespoons cold water in a small bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour sauce through a strainer into a medium pot. Stir cornstarch mixture into sauce and cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes, or until thickened.
Pour sauce over chicken and serve alongside rice, if desired.
- If you don't have fresh ginger on-hand, ginger paste works just as well. You can find this near the fresh herbs in your local grocery store.
- Chicken will last in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- See my tips and tricks for making this Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken above the recipe box.
- Recipe adapted from this Easy Teriyaki Chicken.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 773mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1mg