This post has been sponsored by Perdue Farms. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Easy Teriyaki Chicken is a simple, one pan dish that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Sweet garlic chicken is coated with an easy teriyaki sauce and tastes even better than the takeout kind!
I’m all about easy dinners around here.
Whether it’s a weeknight or lazy Sunday meal, I want something that’s delicious, yet simple to prepare. And I think you feel the same way, am I right?
And when I’m making a chicken recipe, it’s got to be loaded with flavor, simple to prepare, and perfect for leftovers, too. Which is why this teriyaki chicken recipe is a winner all around!
You’ve probably has chicken teriyaki from your favorite takeout place, but this homemade version is just as good, if not better! It’s ready in just 20 minutes and has the most delicious teriyaki sauce.
Now, my secret (or not-so secret) trick for making this easy chicken teriyaki recipe is using Perdue Harvestland Diced Chicken Breasts. Their boneless skinless chicken breasts are diced into bite-sized chunks and are easy to thaw and ready to cook with. And the chicken pieces are packaged in four 8-ounce pouches, which come vacuum sealed and frozen. How about that for a quick chicken dinner?
I love Perdue Farms and am excited to be partnering with them. Did you know that Perdue Farms has an organic box that you can order? In addition to the diced chicken breasts, you will receive Perdue Harvestland organic whole chicken (with giblets); organic boneless skinless chicken breasts; organic drumsticks; and organic lightly breaded chicken chunks.
Perdue Farms will have their 100th anniversary this year and is on an exciting journey to becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins. And Perdue is more than just chicken! The company has a line of premium products and brands.
If you would like to learn more about Perdue Farms, visit their website or find them on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. If you order the Ogranic Box, you will get 10% off and free Perdue Harvestland Diced Chicken Breasts on your first order.
How to make Easy Teriyaki Chicken:
Did I mention this teriyaki chicken is a breeze to whip up? Because it is, and so flavorful, too!
- To start, you’ll want to season the diced chicken breasts with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil or vegetable oil and then brown the chicken on both sides until cooked through, which will take about 3-4 minutes per side.
- As the chicken is cooking, whisk some soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, seasonings and cornstarch. Add the sauce to the skillet with the cooked chicken and let it heat until warmed and thick.
Some tips for making this Easy Teriyaki Chicken Recipe:
I used two 8-ounce pouches of Perdue Harvestland Organic Diced Chicken Breasts for this recipe. It’s the perfect amount for four servings. However, if you don’t have this available, about three medium chicken breasts, diced, will work.
What does chicken teriyaki taste like?
It’s almost like a sweet and sour sauce, with a bit of tang. The combination of soy sauce and brown sugar gives it a sweeter taste that pairs perfectly with chicken.
Is Chicken Teriyaki Japanese?
Teriyaki refers to a cooking method in Japanese. Teri means ‘luster’ from the soy sauce marinade and yaki means ‘cooking or grilling.’ The basic teriyaki sauce is made from soy sauce, sake, mirin (a form of rice vinegar), and sugar.
What to serve with Chicken Teriyaki:
White rice or fried rice! The teriyaki sauce will coat the rice perfectly so that you can soak up all of that deliciousness.
Steamed broccoli! It’s a delicious vegetable to complement the chicken.
So, the next time you’re in the mood for some chicken, skip the takeout and whip up this easy teriyaki! Made with simple ingredients and ready in no time, it’s guaranteed to be a dinnertime favorite!
Looking for more chicken recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Baked Salsa Chicken
- Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Baked Chicken Tacos
- One Pan Chicken and Mushroom Parmesan Rice
- Honey Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Easy Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 8 ounce pouches Perdue Harvestland Organic Diced Chicken Breasts, thawed or 3 medium chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- White rice and steamed broccoli for serving if desired
- Season chicken with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. In a large skillet, add olive oil and brown chicken on both sides until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- As chicken is cooking, prepare sauce. In a medium bowl, whisk soy sauce, water, brown sugar, rice vinegar, garlic powder, ginger, and cornstarch.
- Add sauce to skillet with cooked chicken and cook over low heat until thickened, about 2-3 minutes, tossing to coat.
- Serve chicken over white rice with steam broccoli, if desired.