Slow Cooker Pizza Chili
This Slow Cooker Pizza Chili is loaded with ground beef, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and zesty spices. It's a fun twist on a classic comfort dish that will keep you coming back for more!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) package pepperoni slices , halved
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do NOT drain)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ white onion , diced
- 1 green pepper , diced
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef and Italian sausage until cooked through. Drain and add to slow cooker.
Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker (including the browned ground beef). Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Serve with shredded mozzarella cheese and a dash of Italian seasoning and/or sour cream, if desired.
- I used tomatoes flavored with basil, garlic, and oregano, but any kind will do.
- A can of kidney and/or pinto beans can be also be added to this dish.
- If desired, once chili is done cooking, sprinkle shredded cheese over chili while still in the slow cooker and cover for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Adapted from my Slow Cooker Hearty No-Bean Chili.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 756mg | Potassium: 633mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 962IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 4mg