This Slow Cooker Pizza Chili is loaded with ground beef, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and zesty spices. It’s a fun twist on a classic comfort dish that will keep you coming back for more!
Well, friends…we made it to mid-January. We’re officially halfway through the month and I couldn’t be more excited. Out with winter and in with spring! Wishful thinking, I know.
But, I’m trying to stay positive, so I think we should welcome the month with a big pot of this Slow Cooker Pizza Chili!
Chili is one of my all-time favorite comfort foods. And I know that many of you love it, too! In fact, this Slow Cooker Hearty No-Bean Chili and Instant Pot Chili with No Beans are one of my most popular recipes around here, which just screams all sorts of wonderful deliciousness.
And since the cold weather is not showing signs of stopping anytime soon, I thought we could all use some comfort food.
If you’re a fan of unique chili recipes, then you can bet this pizza chili will wow your tastebuds. It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and resembles pepperoni pizza, in chili form. And on a cold day, what could be better?
My favorite thing about this Slow Cooker Pizza Chili (besides the comforting taste, of course) is the smell that wafts through your house as this is simmering. It’s warm, hearty, and filled with flavor.
Serve up a big bowl of this chili, along with a topping of mozzarella cheese and a dash of Italian seasoning. You’ll love the cozy pizza flavor and delicious taste!
Ingredients for Pizza Chili
What sets this easy slow cooker chili apart from the rest is that the sauce is a mixture of regular tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and pizza sauce. It makes this dish a touch lighter, and a little bit sweeter, too.
Here’s what goes into this unique chili recipe:
- Ground beef
- Ground mild Italian sausage
- Pepperoni slices
- Pizza sauce
- Tomato sauce
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- White onion
- Green bell pepper
- Herbs and spices
- Granulated sugar
How to Make Pizza Chili
Like most of my recipes, this pizza soup is a breeze to whip up. But, you knew that was coming, right?
- Simply brown and crumble some ground beef and Italian sausage in a large skillet.
- Pop all the ingredients into a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Easy peasy and oh-so delicious!
Can I Freeze This Chili?
Yes! This unique chili freezes and reheats very well. I like to store leftovers in individual containers so I can reheat one serving at a time fo quick lunches and dinners.
Tips for Making This Unique Chili Recipe
- I chose to make this a slow cooker chili with no beans, as the hubster doesn’t like them, but you could always add a can of kidney and/or pinto beans to this dish.
- For a slightly spicy pizza chili, add some red pepper flakes to the slow cooker.
- This easy chili recipe in the slow cooker pairs perfectly with Garlic Bread or another cheesy bread.
Looking for more easy chili recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Slow Cooker Pizza Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground mild Italian sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) package pepperoni slices , halved
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do NOT drain)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ white onion , diced
- 1 green pepper , diced
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef and Italian sausage until cooked through. Drain and add to slow cooker.
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker (including the browned ground beef). Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve with shredded mozzarella cheese and a dash of Italian seasoning and/or sour cream, if desired.
- I used tomatoes flavored with basil, garlic, and oregano, but any kind will do.
- A can of kidney and/or pinto beans can be also be added to this dish.
- If desired, once chili is done cooking, sprinkle shredded cheese over chili while still in the slow cooker and cover for 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Adapted from my Slow Cooker Hearty No-Bean Chili.