Slow Cooker Hearty No-Bean Chili
Made with two types of ground beef and loaded with flavor, you’ll never miss the beans in this Slow Cooker Hearty No-Bean Chili!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce see note below
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 small white onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 5-6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef and ground chuck until cooked through. Drain and add to slow cooker.
Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, pepper, minced garlic, cayenne pepper, ground cumin, chili powder, white sugar, oregano, salt and pepper to slow cooker. Stir to combine. **See note below**
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired.
- Chili will look too liquidy but will absorb once it cooks.
- After several reader comments about the chili being too watery, I changed the quantity from two (29 ounce) cans to two (15 ounce) cans of tomato sauce.
- For instructions on how to make no bean chili in an Instant Pot, check out my Instant Pot No Bean Chili Recipe.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 910mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2228IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 94mg | Iron: 6mg