This Italian Chicken Salad is fresh, easy, and bursting with flavor. Loaded with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, black olives and pesto, this fun twist on a classic flavor will have you coming back for more. This salad is perfect for an easy lunch or dinner and makes delicious sandwiches, too!
Instead of sharing another boring ‘ole chicken salad recipe, I jazzed it up for you, friends! This Italian Chicken Salad is anything but boring, and is bursting with all of that summer goodness. Plus, it’s ready in just about 10 minutes, with no oven required!
This Italian pesto chicken salad is fresh, easy, and bursting with flavor. Loaded with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, black olives and pesto, this fun twist on a classic flavor will have you coming back for more. This salad is perfect for an easy lunch or dinner and makes delicious sandwiches, too!
See? I told you this Italian Chicken Salad will take the classic dish to the next level. No plain stuff here!
And, truth be told, I’m not a big fan of regular chicken salad, which is why I love to mix it up! Remember this Strawberry Poppy Seed Chicken Salad and that Lightened Up Zesty Chicken Salad? The plain version, with miracle whip, celery, etc. is just not for me.
But, throw in some zesty Italian flavors, and I’m all in!
So, if you’re in need of an easy meal or dish for your next outing, this Italian Chicken Salad is it! You’ll love the zesty flavors an ease of this summer salad!
Ingredients for Italian Chicken Salad
I loaded up this Italian chicken salad with pesto, olives, and more Italian-inspired ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to make this unique chicken salad recipe:
- Shredded rotisserie chicken
- Fresh mozzarella pearls
- Sliced black olives
- Cherry tomatoes
- Sub rolls (for serving)
How to Make Italian Chicken Salad
This Italian Chicken Salad takes just minutes to whip up, especially if you use the store-bought shredded rotisserie chicken (it’s one of my secret, time saver ingredients that I use in a lot of my meals).
It’s fast, fresh, and perfect for when you don’t want to turn on the oven or stove!
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mozzarella pearls, black olives, and cherry tomatoes. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, pesto, and salt. Add to the chicken mixture and toss to coat.
Serve immediately on sub rolls, if desired.
How Long Does Chicken Salad Last?
If stored in an airtight container, this Italian pesto chicken salad will last up to four days in the fridge.
Ways to Serve Italian Chicken Salad
Try serving this chicken salad with pesto as follows:
- In a sub roll
- In a wrap
- Over a bed of greens
- On its own, with chips or fruit on the side
Tips for Making Italian Chicken Salad
- I used fresh mozzarella pearls, but you can also dice up a regular ball of fresh mozzarella if that’s what you have on hand.
- If you don’t have cherry tomatoes, grape tomatoes or diced Roma tomatoes would also work.
- I used jarred basil pesto, but any variety is fine.
Looking for more easy salad recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Quinoa and Chickpea Pesto Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Pizza Pasta Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
Italian Chicken Salad
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken I use the store-bought already shredded kind
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella pearls, halved
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ¼ cup prepared pesto sauce
- Dash of salt
- Sub rolls for serving if desired
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, mozzarella pearls, black olives, and cherry tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, pesto, and salt. Add to the chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately on sub rolls, if desired.