These Savory Sweet Potatoes are seasoned with a blend of Parmesan cheese, garlic, and herbs. Oven roasted until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, this easy recipe is full of flavor and the perfect side dish for just about any meal!
Every time fall rolls around, I feel it’s safe to officially crack open the sweet potato recipes. You don’t mind, do you?
I realize that sweet potatoes aren’t really just for fall, but, I kind of consider them a “cooler weather” food, at least when I’m making them.
You may have seen these Roasted Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes…it’s one of my most popular recipes! And since then, I’ve been hooked on roasted sweet potatoes. And by roasted, I mean “loaded with flavor” sweet potatoes.
I’ve never really liked sweet potatoes growing up, unless it was smothered in brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Definitely not the healthiest, but oh-so good! But, other than that, I wouldn’t touch sweet potatoes with a ten foot pole.
But, since my tastes have definitely evolved over the years (thank goodness, right?), I decided to give sweet potatoes another shot. And when I made those maple cinnamon sweet potatoes, I was hooked. I still have a hard time eating them plain, but pile on the seasonings, and I’m one happy girl.
And these savory sweet potatoes are just about as easy as you can get. The hardest part is slicing and dicing, which doesn’t take long.
What Makes Savory Sweet Potatoes So Good
- The seasoning is wow – so zesty and full of flavor. A blend of olive oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning coats these savory roasted sweet potatoes.
- They’re crispy on the outside and soft on the inside – a perfect combo.
- And once they’re coated, they cook up easily in the oven. And that’s it!
So if you’re looking for that perfect, oven roasted sweet potato recipe, look no further. I guarantee you’ll love the crispy texture, seasoning, and cozy fall flavors of these Roasted Parmesan Herb Sweet Potatoes!
Ingredients in Savory Sweet Potatoes
To make these savory baked sweet potato cubes, you’ll need the following:
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Parmesan Herb Roasted Sweet Potatoes in the Oven
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and get your large baking pan out. Coat it with non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add in the diced sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spread the potatoes in an even layer onto your baking pan, then pop them in the oven to bake until they’re lightly browned and crispy.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let the crispy sweet potatoes cool for 5 minutes. Then sprinkle them with extra Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately!
How Long to Bake Sweet Potato Cubes
These savory roasted sweet potatoes need to cook at 400 degrees F for 32 to 35 minutes.
Recipe Variations to Try
- Try different seasonings! There are a lot of different herb blends out there, or stick with something classic like rosemary or thyme.
- Switch up the garlic powder for fresh minced garlic! Use 3 to 4 cloves of garlic (depending on their size).
- Try using a flavored olive oil instead of plain olive oil! Fun options to try would be rosemary, tuscan herb, or hot pepper.
- If you want to bring a little heat to these roasted sweet potatoes, add in half a teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper.
Can I Prep Savory Roasted Sweet Potatoes in Advance?
I’m not sure, as I always serve these baked sweet potato cubes right away. I imagine you could cook the savory sweet potatoes ahead of time and reheat them just before serving, but you might lose some of the crispness that way.
Tips for Making Savory Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Sprinkle on just a little more Parmesan cheese for the finishing touch. I mean, you can never have too much cheese…am I right?
- Roast these sweet potatoes on parchment paper for easy clean up!
- Toss the potatoes about halfway through the cooking time to make sure all sides get browned evenly.
- If you don’t have fresh parsley, use dried parsley to give it a little flavor and still get a great pop of color.
Looking for more sweet potato side dishes? I’ve got you covered!
- Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Roasted Cinnamon Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Herb Sweet Potato Wedges
- Roasted Maple Cinnamon Sweet Potatoes
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Roasted Parmesan Herb Sweet Potatoes
- 3 large sweet potatoes , peeled and diced into small cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- Parsley , for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a large baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add diced potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spread potatoes in an even layer onto prepared pan. Bake for 32-35 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.