Chocolate Swirled Pumpkin Bars
These Chocolate-Swirled Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars are soft, moist, and bursting with flavor. The pumpkin cake is filled with hints of cinnamon and spices and swirled with a chocolate cream cheese mixture!
Chocolate Swirled Pumpkin Bars
If you love pumpkin, then these Chocolate-Swirled Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars were made for you.
It’s basically a pumpkin lover’s dream come true, in cake form. These bars are incredibly moist and soft. And trust me when I say that I’ve had my fair share of not-so-soft cake bars before.
The chocolate cream cheese mixture is so decadent and delicious. After the cake batter is made, the chocolate mixture is swirled into the top. It makes for a creamy and dreamy combination in every single bite.
And let’s not forget those mini chocolate chips! It takes these pumpkin bars to a whole new level. I mean, what’s goes better with pumpkin than chocolate? Am I right or am I right?
Ingredients in Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
These easy pumpkin bars have a moist pumpkin cake base that’s been swirled with a rich chocolate cream cheese mixture. Here’s what you’ll need to make these chocolate pumpkin cream cheese bars:
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon and cloves
- Pumpkin puree
- Coconut oil
- Cream cheese
- Mini chocolate chips
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
Make the batter: Stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt.
Add in the eggs, pumpkin, and coconut oil. Stir until combined.
Spread the batter into a foil-lined 9×13-inch pan.
Make the cream cheese swirl: Microwave ¾ cup of miniature chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Set aside.
In another bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Then, beat in the egg, milk, and melted chocolate chips.
Spoon the cream cheese mixture over pumpkin batter.
Using a table knife, swirl mixture to marble. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips, if desired.
Bake until puffed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
How to Store Pumpkin Bars
Since these pumpkin chocolate bars are swirled with cream cheese, you’ll need to store them in the fridge in an airtight container. They’ll last up to five days, but note that they’ll dry out over time.
Tips for the Best Pumpkin Bars
- This recipe calls for pure pumpkin puree, NOT canned pumpkin pie filling. Read the label carefully!
- If desired, you can substitute the coconut oil with canola oil.
- I prefer serving these bars to guests within 24 hours of making them, but the pumpkin in the batter keeps the bars moist for a few days.
Looking for more easy pumpkin desserts? I’ve got you covered!
- Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Pumpkin Creme Brûlée
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Spice Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate-Swirled Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bars
FOR THE BATTER
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup melted coconut oil, or vegetable oil
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE SWIRL
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk, any kind
- ¾ cup miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with tin foil, extending the foil over the edges of pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Add in eggs, pumpkin and coconut oil. Stir thoroughly until combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Microwave ¾ cup of miniature chocolate chips for 1 minute, or until melted and smooth. Remove and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment. Beat in the egg, milk, and melted chocolate chips.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over pumpkin batter. Using a table knife, swirl mixture to marble. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until puffed and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into bars and serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Photos updated 8/2021