Every week, I seem to buy more cans of pumpkin than I can count. My pantry is overflowing with pumpkin, my Pinterest board is full of fall treats just begging to be baked, and my mind is in overdrive trying to think of the perfect Thanksgiving dessert to make. One that involves pumpkin, of course! And since the fall is slowing winding down, and I’ve already started testing Christmas recipes (yay!), I’m sneakin’ in just a few more pumpkin goodies for you.
Now let’s talk about this cake, shall we? The title just about says it all: Pumpkin Spice Cake with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting. A classic dessert, filled with pumpkin flavor both inside and out. Besides pumpkin pie, I always look forward to a home-made pumpkin cake for dessert on Thanksgiving. The moist center and creamy frosting makes me come back for a second (and third) slice!
But since I didn’t want to wait until Thanksgiving to satisfy my sweet tooth, I decided to make my own. And guys? This Pumpkin Spice Cake with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting is amazing. Like so incredibly delicious that you must run home and make this right now.
The cake itself has just the right amount of spices, and combined with pumpkin, it’s pure bliss. It bakes up soft, moist, and so full of flavor. And the pumpkin cream cheese frosting? Incredible! The pumpkin and cream cheese make a smooth and delectable topping, which is absolutely perfect for this cake. In fact, you might have a hard time not eating this straight from the bowl. I know I did!
This Pumpkin Spice Cake with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting is not only insanely good, but it’s also so easy to make! You knew that was coming, right? The hardest part is waiting for the cake to cool so that you can frost it with this indulgent, pumpkin cream cheese frosting. But trust me, guys, it’s worth the wait!
So if you’re looking to make some other than pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving, why not try out this Pumpkin Spice Cake with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting? I guarantee it will be a dessert winner!
This Pumpkin Spice Cake with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting bakes up soft, moist, and full of fall flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup non-fat, plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray an 8x8 inch square pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, and yogurt.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- As cake is cooling, prepare frosting.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with a mixture until smooth.
- Beat in pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- Refrigerate until ready to use or frost cake once cool.