Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
These Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls are soft, fluffy, and bursting with fall flavors! They’re loaded with a rich caramel sauce and apple slices, making a great breakfast or dessert. By using a pre-made dough and apple pie filling, these apple cinnamon rolls are ready in no time!
If you’ve been hanging around here long enough, you know that I’m all about the easy recipes. Simple dishes that can be made with minimal prep work is the name of my game. Sure, every once in a while, I throw in a more time consuming recipe (have you tried my overnight cinnamon rolls yet? Totally worth it!), but for the most part, I love making foods that are relatively easy to prepare and even better to eat.
And these Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls are no exception!
I don’t know about you, but I’m a huge fan of warm, gooey cinnamon rolls, especially when covered with caramel. Lots of caramel! And these cinnamon rolls are loaded with ooey-gooey goodness.
What Makes These Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls So Great
- They’re super easy to make and have just 3 ingredients!
- They have the cozy fall flavors – apple, cinnamon, caramel – what more could you need?
- These rolls bake up soft and fluffly, but moist from the apple filling. So good!
And the apples, let’s not forget about the apples. Since I’m all about simple recipes, I used canned apple pie filling on top of the rolls. Easy peasy, right? Simply diced up the apples and load it on top of the cinnamon rolls. Then drizzle with a good amount of caramel. Mmm mmm good!
These Apple Cinnamon Rolls literally take about 3 minutes to prepare. After the rolls are topped with apples and drizzled with caramel, pop these babies into the oven. Then enjoy the caramel-y-cinnamon-y smell that will fill up your house. Ahhh these rolls just scream fall and all things apples.
- Be sure to spray non-stick cooking spray on the bottom and sides of the pan as the cinnamon rolls will be sticky.
- If you don’t have cooking spray, you can drizzle a little oil in the pan and spread it around with your fingers. Be sure to use an oil that doesn’t have much flavor, like canola, vegetable, or avocado oil.
- When making the indent in the rolls, be sure to make a large enough indent for the filling to stay in the roll.
- To incorporate more fall flavors, replace a cup of the apple pie filling with a cup of diced pear and stir to combine.
- Add a bit of crunch to these cinnamon rolls by sprinkling some finely chopped nuts, like walnuts or pecans, on the rolls just before baking. Start with 1/4 cup of nuts and add more if desired.
- If you miss the traditional icing of a cinnamon roll, just use the caramel before baking and drizzle traditional icing on the top of the rolls instead of the caramel once they’re out of the oven.
How to Make Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat the oven according to the direction on the packaged cinnamon rolls. Lightly spray a 9 inch round pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place each cinnamon roll in the pan. Make an indent in the middle of each roll with the back of a spoon.
- Place about 1-2 tablespoons of apple pie filling in to the middle of each roll.
- Drizzle rolls with the caramel sauce and place into the oven, baking according to package directions.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and drizzle with additional caramel sauce, if desired
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
So the next time you’re in the mood for a simple fall treat, try out these Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls! You can have these prepped and ready to eat in about 20 minutes. It makes the best breakfast, mid-morning snack, or dessert. So grab those cinnamon rolls and get bakin’!
Looking for more apple recipes? I’ve got you covered!
did you make and love this recipe? give it your review below and make sure to follow along with me on facebook and instagram to get other great recipe ideas!
Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 package of refrigerated cinnamon rolls, I used Pilsbury cinnamon rolls
- ¼ cup apple pie filling, diced
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce
- Preheat oven according to directions on packaged cinnamon rolls. Lightly spray a 9 inch round pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place each cinnamon roll in pan. Make an indent in the middle of each roll with the back of a spoon. Place about 1-2 tablespoons apple pie filling into the middle of each roll. Drizzle rolls with caramel sauce.
- Place into the oven and bake according to packaged directions. Remove from oven and drizzle with additional caramel sauce, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
I’m not going to quibble with any of this gooey goodness! Seconds to heavenly rolls? Heck yeah!
Yay for gooey goodness! 🙂
I just love how simple these are Gayle! I can imagine rolling out of bed on a Sunday morning and making a batch of these and then going back to bed with the whole thing haha
That’s a great idea, Dannii! I might just have to try that this Sunday! 🙂
I’m loaded with apples now and these cinnamon rolls will be a yummy creation to make with them!
These are SO good, Megan! 🙂
Gayle, I love these Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls!!! who doesn’t love gooey cinnamon rolls?! and I love the apple pie filling on top!! and the shortcuts!
Thanks, Alice! I’m all about the easy shortcuts!
That filling! Seriously cannot even control my drooling over these cinnamon roll beauties! I just want to grab all that caramel-y goodness right out of my screen! Love these, Gayle!
Thank you, Sarah! The caramel and apples make the best filling!
This is a perfect recipe to have at the ready for when the kids are home at the holidays! I love it…and so will they! Thank you! Pinned!
Definitely, Annie! 🙂 Thanks for the kind words and pin!
Nothing beats gooey cinnamon rolls especially when they are covered with all that sweet caramel! I love that they are so easy to make which means I can have them on weekdays too 🙂 They look perfect for breakfast right now!
Thank you, Kelly! I love making easy goodies like this!
Now I know what to do with our leftover apples from the orchard. Thanks for sharing this delicious treat!! Pinned!!
You are very welcome, Tonya! Thanks for the pin!
These are the most beautiful rolls I’ve ever seen! Love the addition of apple! Pinning!
Thanks for the kind words and pin, Mira!
Cinnamon rolls have always had a soft spot with me. These look terrific!
Thank you, Amanda!
I bet the whole house smelled amazing while these baked! We have several pounds of apples coming our way soon and I know just what to do with them!
Yes! I love the smell of cinnamon rolls, especially with apples. Thanks for the kind words, Jen!
I LOVE how easy these are! Cinnamon rolls can be some time consuming but every once in a while you just NEED something warm, delicious and caramely coming out of your oven. So perfect!
These look so good! Love that they’re so easy to make!
Thanks, Jessica! I’m all about the easy recipes! 🙂
These cinnamon rolls look wonderful! I feel like a day started out with a cup of tea/coffee and a cinnamon roll is just guaranteed to be a great one 🙂
I totally agree, Medha! Thanks!
These look amazing Gayle! I wish I had these for breakfast. Way better than the cold cereal I had. Love!
Thanks for the kind words, Natalie!
Who can resist these? They look amazing Gayle!
Cinnamon rolls are my weakness! Thanks, Manali!
What an awesome way to dress up refrigerated cinnamon rolls! I love them!!
Thank you, Christin!
Gayle just 3 ingredients give us such delicious goodness filled rolls!! I am in!! I need these for my evening coffee breaks!
Thanks, Ami! These rolls would be perfect for that cup of coffee!
You know I LOVE quick and easy short-cut recipes. I think these need to happen SOON for a weekend breakfast in my house! 🙂
Quick and easy recipes are the best! Thanks, Blair!
I am definitely all about simple and easy AND ooey gooey anything! Cinnamon rolls already smell so great in the oven I bet these smell like heaven. Love this recipe!!
The danger in these is that they’re so easy and SO delicious, so there’s nothing holding me back from shoving these in my mouth by the ton ;D But it’s totally worth it to have this deliciousness! I’m all about simple, quick, and delicious! 😀
Definitely worth it! 🙂 Thanks, Kennedy!
I love your practical and delicious recipes. This one is especially delicious, all that apple and cinnamon flavor is amazing, I love it!
Thank you, Katalina!
MIND.BLOWN! These are just so fab!
Yes! 🙂 Thanks, Samina!
I really wish I had one of these right now – I have a feeling they go well with coffee! 😉 Great photos, Gayle!
Thanks for the cinnamon roll love, Keri!
You had me at caramel. Actually, you had me at easy! These look like autumn perfection, Gayle!
These are so ooey gooey looking. Love!! I could gobble up that whole tray!
Thank you, Liz!
Holy Bologna! I am drooling over these cinnamon rolls, Gayle!!! Not only do they look dangerously delicious, light and fluffy, I love that they are so easy! PLUS the caramel apples oozing all over these babies? OMG, PINNED!!! Cheers, my dear! <3
Thanks for the kind words and pin, Cheyanne!
These caramel apple cinnamon rolls are gorgeous! Love how easy they are to prepare! Gotta give these a try soon. A perfect breakfast for autumn! 😀
These are so easy and so delish, Jess! Thanks!
Holy cannoli, these cinnamon rolls look incredible! Soft, fluffy, and caramely make my world go round. A baker’s dozen of these would make me one happy camper!
Thanks for the cinnamon roll love, Mary Frances!
these look DELICIOUS! soft and gooey and totally mouthwatering!!! love the apple and cinnamon roll combo!
Apples and cinnamon go so well together! Thanks, Michele!
3 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes until I can shove in my face?!?! Throw in some gooey caramel and I’m totally sold!
You can’t beat an easy recipe like this! Thanks, Rachelle!
I love how easy these are! I made some gluten free caramel apple cinnamon rolls a while ago and they were amazing so I can only imagine how delicious these are!
What an awesome idea topping cinnamon rolls with caramel apple! These look so incredible, and perfect for a fall breakfast!
Thank you, Marcie!
I never ever make cinnamon rolls because they just take way too much time/effort for me! But your recipe looks so ridiculously easy I no longer have an excuse…and they look so delicious, Gayle!
Thanks, Denise! Sometimes shortcuts are just needed! 🙂
Easy caramel apple cinnamon rolls sound fantastic! That’s such a great combination, and so easy too – love it!
Thank you, Stacey!
I am by no means a cook or baker so this is perfect. Shortcuts are the best. Wait, have I mentioned how delicious these look?!
Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by, Starla! Sometimes shortcuts are definitely the best! I hope you love these if you try them!