These Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls are soft, fluffy, and bursting with fall flavors! They’re loaded with a rich caramel sauce and apple slices, making a great breakfast or dessert. By using a pre-made dough and apple pie filling, these apple cinnamon rolls are ready in no time!
If you’ve been hanging around here long enough, you know that I’m all about the easy recipes. Simple dishes that can be made with minimal prep work is the name of my game. Sure, every once in a while, I throw in a more time consuming recipe (have you tried my overnight cinnamon rolls yet? Totally worth it!), but for the most part, I love making foods that are relatively easy to prepare and even better to eat.
And these Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls are no exception!
I don’t know about you, but I’m a huge fan of warm, gooey cinnamon rolls, especially when covered with caramel. Lots of caramel! And these cinnamon rolls are loaded with ooey-gooey goodness.
What Makes These Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls So Great
- They’re super easy to make and have just 3 ingredients!
- They have the cozy fall flavors – apple, cinnamon, caramel – what more could you need?
- These rolls bake up soft and fluffly, but moist from the apple filling. So good!
And the apples, let’s not forget about the apples. Since I’m all about simple recipes, I used canned apple pie filling on top of the rolls. Easy peasy, right? Simply diced up the apples and load it on top of the cinnamon rolls. Then drizzle with a good amount of caramel. Mmm mmm good!
These Apple Cinnamon Rolls literally take about 3 minutes to prepare. After the rolls are topped with apples and drizzled with caramel, pop these babies into the oven. Then enjoy the caramel-y-cinnamon-y smell that will fill up your house. Ahhh these rolls just scream fall and all things apples.
- Be sure to spray non-stick cooking spray on the bottom and sides of the pan as the cinnamon rolls will be sticky.
- If you don’t have cooking spray, you can drizzle a little oil in the pan and spread it around with your fingers. Be sure to use an oil that doesn’t have much flavor, like canola, vegetable, or avocado oil.
- When making the indent in the rolls, be sure to make a large enough indent for the filling to stay in the roll.
- To incorporate more fall flavors, replace a cup of the apple pie filling with a cup of diced pear and stir to combine.
- Add a bit of crunch to these cinnamon rolls by sprinkling some finely chopped nuts, like walnuts or pecans, on the rolls just before baking. Start with 1/4 cup of nuts and add more if desired.
- If you miss the traditional icing of a cinnamon roll, just use the caramel before baking and drizzle traditional icing on the top of the rolls instead of the caramel once they’re out of the oven.
How to Make Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat the oven according to the direction on the packaged cinnamon rolls. Lightly spray a 9 inch round pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Place each cinnamon roll in the pan. Make an indent in the middle of each roll with the back of a spoon.
- Place about 1-2 tablespoons of apple pie filling in to the middle of each roll.
- Drizzle rolls with the caramel sauce and place into the oven, baking according to package directions.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and drizzle with additional caramel sauce, if desired
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
So the next time you’re in the mood for a simple fall treat, try out these Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls! You can have these prepped and ready to eat in about 20 minutes. It makes the best breakfast, mid-morning snack, or dessert. So grab those cinnamon rolls and get bakin’!
Looking for more apple recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Easy Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 package of refrigerated cinnamon rolls I used Pilsbury cinnamon rolls
- ¼ cup apple pie filling diced
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce
- Preheat oven according to directions on packaged cinnamon rolls. Lightly spray a 9 inch round pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place each cinnamon roll in pan. Make an indent in the middle of each roll with the back of a spoon. Place about 1-2 tablespoons apple pie filling into the middle of each roll. Drizzle rolls with caramel sauce.
- Place into the oven and bake according to packaged directions. Remove from oven and drizzle with additional caramel sauce, if desired.
- Serve immediately.