Packed with hearty oats, creamy pumpkin, and spices, this Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal makes the perfect breakfast for those cool, fall mornings. The cozy flavors blend together to taste like your favorite pie, in oatmeal form!
I’ve been on a roll with the oatmeal recipes lately. And that’s no small feat since I never used to care for oatmeal that much. It was always one of those foods where I would “think” that I liked it, especially after smelling the aroma from a package of instant oats. But once I would pop the oats in the microwave, I was done after about three bites. No joke. And then I would quickly remember that the smell of oatmeal is much more appealing to me than the taste.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Packed with hearty oats, creamy pumpkin, and spices, this dish makes the perfect breakfast for those cool, fall mornings. The cozy flavors blend together to taste like your favorite pie, in oatmeal form!
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups milk (any kind)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup chopped pecan for topping, if desired
- Add oats, milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice to a medium microwavable-safe bowl. Stir to combine.
- Microwave on medium power for 2-3 minutes, or until oats reach your desired consistency.
- Remove from the microwave and stir.
- Add chopped pecans and/or a splash of milk, if desired.
- Serve immediately.