This Asparagus and Bacon Frittata is full of flavor and doubles as a quick and easy breakfast or tasty weeknight meal!
I think I’ve mentioned once or twice that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, especially when it comes to going out to a restaurant.
But during the week, I usually struggle with eating a proper meal. I’ve been trying to make more of an effort to eat better breakfasts in the mornings, instead of my usual granola bar or yogurt. I’ve stayed on track for the most part, thanks to this baked oatmeal and these French toast cups.
But sometimes I just crave eggs. I think I could eat scrambled eggs pretty much every day of the week, if I had the energy to make them. Which brings me to this Asparagus and Bacon Frittata, a breakfast that’s both easy and delicious. This simple dish is can be prepped in just minutes and is full of warm and hearty flavors.
This Asparagus and Bacon Frittata doubles as a quick and easy breakfast or tasty weeknight meal. And if you’re anything like me, breakfast for dinner (brinner?) is always a hit in my house. It’s our fall back category for whenever I run out of dinner ideas. And you just can’t be breakfast for dinner, especially when it involves fluffy eggs and fresh ingredients.
Besides being a simple dish, this Asparagus and Bacon Frittata makes a perfect breakfast to grab ‘n go on busy weekday mornings. It reheats well and maintains the warm flavors, perfect to keep you full and satisfied all morning long.
I like to put slices in individual containers and grab them on the way out the door in the mornings. This dish definitely gives me a hot and delicious meal to look forward to!
And the best part is that this Asparagus and Bacon Frittata is a breeze to whip up! It’s also easy to customize, depending on your tastes. Since the hubster and I love asparagus and bacon, this combination was a meal-time winner!
So the next time you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast that doubles as dinner, and vice versa, try out this Asparagus and Bacon Frittata. It’s guaranteed to be a hit in your household!
Looking for more breakfast recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal
- Blueberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Easy Breakfast Quesadillas
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks
- Bacon & Tomato Frittata
Asparagus and Bacon Frittata
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup milk any kind
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 8 pieces of bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and basil. Set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Saute asparagus for 5-10 minutes, or until tender. Add bacon to skillet and stir to combine.
- Pour egg mixture over asparagus mixture. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned on top and middle is set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.