I’ve mentioned before that I’m not a huge breakfast person. During the week, I’m usually rushing out the door to get to work and am lucky if I remember to grab a granola bar or some yogurt. But don’t get me wrong, I love breakfast! It’s actually my favorite meal of the day, though I never usually it eat. Kind of ironic, huh? I love going out for breakfast or making it on the weekends, though. It’s almost therapeutic for me to whip up some pancakes or eggs.
But as tasty as pancakes and eggs are, they’re not the most convenient item to grab on your way out the door. So I decided to make this Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal so that I would have no excuse to not have breakfast during the week. And guess what? It worked! This oatmeal makes a comforting and delicious breakfast and can be eaten hot or cold.
This Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal is filled with hearty oats, sweet bananas, and just the right amount of spices. It’s the perfect breakfast to make on the weekend and slice up for your weekday morning meals. And if you love anything banana flavored, then you flip over this oatmeal! Since I’ve been on a banana kick lately (have you tried my banana bread yet?), this was the first fruit that came to mind. With its warm flavors and comforting spices, it almost tastes like you’re eating a healthy piece of banana bread!
And like most of my recipes, this Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal is a breeze to whip up. The hardest part is mashing the bananas! It takes just minutes to prepare and then the oven does the rest of the work. I served this oatmeal with a few slices of banana on top and fell in love. The cinnamon and brown sugar take on a delightful flavor, while the bananas add in a subtle sweetness. This would be perfect to eat plain or with some honey drizzled on top.
So the next time you’re looking for a hearty grab ‘n go breakfast that’s acceptable for weekends or busy weekdays, then try out this Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal! You’ll fall in love with the comforting flavors and hearty ingredients!
Looking for more breakfast recipes? I’ve got you covered!
This Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal is filled with hearty oats, sweet bananas, and just the right amount of spices. It’s the perfect breakfast to make on the weekend and slice up for your weekday morning meals.
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 medium banana, sliced into thin pieces
- 2 cups cashew milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place sliced bananas in an even layer on bottom of dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bow, combine the oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda,and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, milk, eggs, honey, and vanilla until mixed thoroughly.
- Pour oat mixture into wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Spread mixture in an even layer on top of sliced bananas in baking dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until oatmeal is firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with sliced bananas, honey, or maple syrup, if desired.