These Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups are the perfect, on-go-the breakfast to enjoy any day of the week. Fresh apples, a sprinkling of cinnamon, and hearty oats make a deliciously cozy dish to enjoy throughout the season!
Now that the mornings are getting chillier and fall is in the air, I can’t help but think of warm and cozy breakfasts.
Breakfasts that fill you up and entice you to enjoy the season.
I will admit that I’m not the best when it comes to eating breakfast during the week. I usually opt for quick options, such as yogurt, cereal, or toast. But, I’m trying to change that.
Since my breakfast game is usually strong on the weekends (when time allows), I’ve decided to make a fresh start and carry that tradition through the week.
And you know what helps me get my mornings off to a great start? A hot cup of tea. Yes, I always drink coffee, but I’ve been sipping on tea in the mornings, too. Especially now that it’s gotten cooler outside.
And if you’ve been hanging around here long enough, you know that I’m all about the flavors of fall. And what goes better with fall than some apples and cinnamon?
I’ve also come to love oatmeal over the years (remember this Savory Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl, those Cake Batter Overnight Oats, or this Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal in a Mug?), so it’s no surprise that I whipped up these Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups. Not only are they on the healthier side, but they’re so easy to prepare and will make your breakfast time a breeze!
If you’re struggling to make a fresh start with breakfasts during the week, then look no further. These Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups are perfectly portable, poppable, and so delicious, especially when paired with a steaming cup of of coffee or tea.
To make the baked oatmeal cups, you’ll start by combining the dry ingredients, such as the old-fashioned oats, a touch of brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Then, you’ll whisk the milk, eggs, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Mix both the wet and dry ingredients together, and then gently fold in some diced apples. Scoop into a muffin tin and then let the oven work its magic.
These apple oatmeal cups can be made on the weekend and then refrigerated throughout the week for an easy, grab-n-go breakfast. You could also freeze a big batch of these to eat whenever your craving strikes. The possibilities are endless!
So if you’re ready to savor the flavors of fall, grab those ingredients and whip up these simple apple oatmeal muffins!
Looking for more easy breakfast ideas? I’ve got you covered!
- Southwest Scramble Tostada
- Marinara Baked Eggs
- Easy Breakfast Quesadillas
- Baked Banana Bread Oatmeal
- Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk any kind (I used 2%)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- About 1¼ cups peeled and diced apples any kind, though a sweeter kind works best, such as honeycrisp (about two medium apples)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the old-fashioned oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla extract.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined. Gently fold in diced apples.
- Spoon mixture into each muffin tin, filling almost to the top. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until cups are set and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes in pan. Then remove to a wire rack and let cool completely. Serve with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, if desired.