These Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes make the perfect side dish for any meal. The sweet potatoes are packed with with a brown sugar and cinnamon filling and then topped with cheese, crispy bacon, and sour cream. It’s filled with flavor and the perfect fall dish for when you want something warm and comforting!
Besides apples, pumpkins, cozy sweaters and lots of pumpkin spice lattes, the season of fall brings in something else. Something that I don’t like, but the hubster absolutely loves.
If you guessed football, then you’re the winner.
That’s right, the hubster is a huge Chicago Bears fan, even though they’re not doing so well this season (or so I’ve heard).
Actually, the hubster is a big sports fan in general. You may remember me mentioning a while back that I think he missed his calling in life to go into some field of sports. He has such a vast knowledge of basketball, baseball, football and hockey, that he always amazes me with how much he knows.
And while I don’t share the hubster’s passion for sports, I do love creating new recipes for us to enjoy on game days. With some delicious dishes to devour while football is blaring on TV, I can forget about my not-so-nice feelings towards the sport and focus on the food. After all, what is a sporting event without some delicious food, right?
Now, these Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes aren’t necessarily an appetizer, but they do make the perfect food for cozying up on cool, fall afternoons. And whether you indulge in sports or not, this dish screams fall and lots of deliciousness.
These Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes make the perfect side dish for any meal. The sweet potatoes are packed with with a brown sugar and cinnamon filling and then topped with cheese, crispy bacon, and sour cream. It’s filled with flavor and the perfect fall dish for when you want something warm and comforting.
If you remember be sharing these sweet potatoes, then you know that I never used to be a big fan of them. I’m slowly coming around to them, but I still like them sweetened and packed with flavor. Which is why I made the filling in these potatoes sweetened with brown sugar and cinnamon. It’s filled with cozy spices that are perfect for this time of year.
And the toppings, let’s not forget about those! It may seem a little strange to use a brown sugar and cinnamon filling when these Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes are filled with cheese and bacon. But don’t let that stop you! It makes the perfect, savory combo.
These Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes are easy to whip up and the best kind of dish for when you want something simple, yet satisfying. These potatoes are also easy to customize depending on your tastes, which is a winner in my book!
So the next time you’re in the mood for a delicious game day dish or anytime side, whip up these Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes!
Looking for more sweet potato recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Roasted Parmesan Herb Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Herb Sweet Potato Wedges
- Roasted Cinnamon Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
- Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad
Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 5-6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Dash of salt and pepper
- ½ cup shredded white sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded marble jack cheese
- 4 strips bacon cooked, drained, and crumbled
- Tomatoes, chives, sour cream for topping if desired
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place potatoes on a large baking pan. Pierce each potato with a fork. Bake for 1 hour or until soft. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh into a medium bowl, making sure to leave a thin coating on the skins of the potatoes.
- To the filling, add the brown sugar, milk, butter, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Fill each potato with the mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until filling is warmed and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with bacon, tomatoes, chives, and sour cream. Serve immediately.