This No-Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake features a sweet and creamy peppermint cheesecake batter that requires no oven. A rich, Oreo cookie crust and festive sprinkles make this cheesecake perfect for the holidays!
*December 2017 update! this recipe was originally posted in December 2014. i decided that the photos desperately needed updating, so i reshot the recipe (but still kept the ingredient list and directions the same). i also kept the original post/story below that i wrote three years ago!**
Yesterday, the hubster and I took a day off from work to tackle our Christmas shopping. We do this every year, as sort of an annual Christmas tradition. We started by going out to breakfast and then headed to different malls and stores in the area. With most people at work and kids in school, it makes for less crowded stores, which equals a happier me!
While I love shopping, I hate fighting hoards of people and long lines that stretch forever. And Christmas shopping on the weekends? Forget it! Unless I go late at night, it’s not worth it to me.
Around mid-day, we stopped somewhere to refuel ourselves with some lunch, and then headed back out again. By the time we got home, we were both pooped! From hunting around for the perfect gifts and traveling from store to store, it made for a long day. Shopping definitely tires me out!
In order to help us relax and end our day on sweet note, I made this No-Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake for dessert. It features a sweet and creamy peppermint cheesecake batter that requires no oven. A rich, Oreo cookie crust and festive sprinkles make this cheesecake perfect for the holidays!
Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts and peppermint is just about my favorite Christmas flavor. So when I was thinking of the perfect after-dinner treat for the hubster and I, my mind immediately flashed to this No-Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake.
And because it’s just the two of us, I decided to serve this dish in mini trifle glasses. Eating mini desserts are more fun, eye-appealing, and just seems to taste better. But if you don’t have mini trifle glasses, feel free to double to recipe and serve in a regular sized trifle dish or pie pan.
And like most of my recipes, this No-Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecakes are so easy to prepare!
As soon as I took a bite, I knew I had created a winner. The cheesecake is smooth and creamy, with hints of peppermint and oreo chunks spread throughout. And the oreo cookie crust creates a subtle crunch that pairs perfectly with the refreshing peppermint.
This No-Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake would make a fabulous addition to your holiday dessert collection! With hardly any prep time, this festive dessert will become the star of your party!
Looking for more easy holiday desserts? I’ve got you covered!
No-Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecakes
- 2 cups crushed Oreo cookie crumbs About 25 Oreo cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- Sprinkles or crushed candy canes for garnish
- To prepare crust, in a small bowl, combine Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Stir until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- To make the cheesecake batter, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, white sugar, peppermint extract and vanilla extract. Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with fitted paddle attached, beat mixture until smooth and creamy, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in red food coloring.
- To assemble cheesecake in mini mason jars: spoon about 4 tablespoons of cookie crumbs onto the bottom of 4 mason jars. Lightly press down with a spoon. Add about 1/2 cup of cheesecake batter on top of cookie crumbs. Top with sprinkles or crushed candy canes. Refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- To assemble cheesecake in pie form: spread Oreo cookie crumbs onto the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan and lightly press down. Add cheesecake filling and spread in an even layer, followed by sprinkles or crushed candy canes. Refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours, or until ready to serve.