This One Pot Lasagna Soup tastes just like the classic dish, but without all of the prep work. Everything is tossed into one pot and then simmered until the flavors blend together. Easy to make and full of simple ingredients, this hearty soup recipe will be a meal-time winner all year long!
‘Tis the season for soup! Actually, any season is suitable for soup, because I eat it year round, even in 90 degree heat. But you already knew that, right? Soup is one of my all-time favorites dishes!
And I’m not too picky about soup, either. I used to prefer broth-based soups over cream-based ones, but my tastes have definitely changed. While I still opt for the broth kind (hello French Onion and Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup!), I do have a deep love for this Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup and that Easy Cream of Mushroom Soup.
Because it feels like the cold weather will never end, I’ve had warm and comforting soups on my mind. When there’s a chill in the air, all I want to do is to curl up with something warm, along with my electric blanket, and wish the weather away. Sounds pretty good, right?
While that’s really not feasible to do all the time, I can make comforting soups to warm me up for dinner. And today’s soup is a winner in my book, and the hubster’s, too.
This One Pot Lasagna Soup is tastes just like the classic dish, but without all of the prep work. Everything is tossed into one pot and then simmered until the flavors blend together. Easy to make and full of simple ingredients, this hearty soup will be a meal-time winner all year long!
Truth be told, this One Pot Lasagna Soup has been on my food bucket list for a while. Ever since I made this One Pot Chicken Fajita Soup, I started thinking about all of this dishes that I could turn into one pot meals.
I’m happy to report that this soup definitely does not disappoint! It tastes just like lasagna, but in soup form. This One Pot Lasagna Soup will fill you up and keep you going all day long.
What Makes Lasagna Soup So Great:
- It tastes just like a lasagna, but there’s a lot less prep work involved! The ground beef, noodles, onion, tomatoes and spices all make up the classic lasagna flavor, along with the cheese.
- It’s so easy because it cooks up in one pot so there’s less dirty dishes and more time spent out of the kitchen!
- It’s hearty, warm, comforting and loaded with flavor.
One-Pot Lasagna Soup Ingredients
This quick lasagna soup recipe has a short ingredients list. Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Ground beef
- White onion
- Beef broth
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Italian seasoning and dried basil
- Rotini pasta
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make One-Pot Lasagna Soup
With minimal prep time and easy ingredients, you’ll be making this soup for years to come…promise!
- In a medium pot, cook and crumble the ground beef with the onion and minced garlic until no longer pink. Drain, if needed.
- Add in the beef broth, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, basil, salt and pepper to the pot. Stir and bring everything to a boil.
- Once the broth is boiling, add the pasta and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheese.
- Serve immediately with additional cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe Variations to Try
- Replace the ground beef with ground turkey for a healthier option.
- Try fire roasted diced tomatoes to add an extra depth to the flavor.
- Switch up the cheese! Try Romano, Manchego, or even a nice dollop of Ricotta!
Can I Freeze This Soup?
Yes, but the pasta changes texture once frozen. If you know you’ll be freezing this soup for later, prepare the recipe up to the point where you’re supposed to add the pasta, package it up, and freeze it. When ready to eat, thaw and add the pasta and Parmesan to the soup.
Tips for the Best Lasagna Soup
- Give the beef mixture a good stir in the pan to double check there’s no more pink in the beef. Sometimes an undercooked piece is hiding!
- Watch the cooking time and don’t overcook the pasta, otherwise the noodles can get gummy.
- If you’re running low on fresh garlic, substitute 1 teaspoon of garlic powder for the minced garlic.
Looking for easy more soup recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Creamy Mushroom & Spinach Tortellini Soup
- One Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup
- Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Easy Black Bean Soup
One Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ medium white onion , diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes , drained
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- 2 cups dry rotelle or rotini noodles
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (plus more for garnish, if desired)
- In a medium pot, cook and crumble ground beef, onion, and minced garlic until no longer pink. Drain, if needed.
- Add beef broth, diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, basil, salt and pepper to pot. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Once broth is boiling, add pasta and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Serve immediately with additional cheese, if desired.