Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad
This Pecan Apple Cranberry Salad with Honey Cider Vinaigrette is sweet, savory, and comes together in minutes. Featuring fall-inspired ingredients, such as fresh apple slices, dried cranberries, red onion, pecans, and feta, this salad is full of flavor and makes a healthier lunch or dinner!
Since fall is just around the corner, I’ve been whipping up seasonal dishes like there’s no tomorrow. Can you blame me? Fall is my favorite season!
And this Apple Cranberry Salad with Honey Cider Vinaigrette just screams fall, cooler weather, and deliciousness.
If you’ve been hanging around here long enough, you may know that salads are one of my favorite dishes. I can eats salads just as much as I could eat soup, which is about every single day! But, not to worry, I don’t eat salads (or soup) every day…but I could!
But, back to salads, I’ve making this Caprese Pasta Salad and that Barbecue Chicken Salad non-stop over the past few months, so it was time that I introduced some fall flavors into my diet. With the season slowly approaching, I’ve been in the mood for apples…lots of apples!
This salad is packed full of flavor. And healthier ingredients. And a zesty honey cider vinaigrette. Definitely fall in a bowl, friends!
The crunch from the apples and pecans, combined from the sweetness of the dried cranberries, and tang from the red onion and feta creates a delicious flavor explosion. This is definitely my perfect version of a fall salad.
And the vinaigrette. Let’s not forget about the Honey Cider Vinaigrette! The vinaigrette is light, with a hint of sweetness from the honey and a touch of tang from the apple cider vinegar.
Ingredients in Apple Cranberry Salad
This Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad with Honey Cider Vinaigrette is sweet, savory, and comes together in minutes. Featuring lots of fall-inspired ingredients, this salad is full of flavor and makes a healthier lunch or dinner!
Here’s what you’ll need to make the apple spinach cranberry salad:
- Mixed greens
- Gala apples
- Red onion
- Dried cranberries
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Apple Cranberry Salad
In a large bowl, add the greens, apple slices, red onion, pecans, cranberries, and feta cheese.
In a mason jar, add the vinaigrette ingredients. Close the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until combined.
Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine.
Toss everything together and this Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad with Honey Cider Vinaigrette will quickly wow your taste buds. Fresh, easy, and inspired by the season, this dish makes a simple meal that’s perfect to enjoy anytime of the year!
Can I Prep This Salad in Advance?
Parts of it, yes! I don’t recommend tossing the salad in the dressing before you’re ready to serve it since the spinach wilts quite quickly. But you can slice the onion and apples, and add the vinaigrette ingredients to a jar (store everything separately in the fridge).
Can I Add Other Veggies?
Of course! Feel free to mix and match this apple cranberry pecan salad as you see fit.
Tips for Making Apple Pecan Salad with Cranberries
- You could use your favorite store-bought dressing, but I thought making a fall-inspired dressing would make this salad extra special.
- Note that the vinaigrette can be made in a big batch and stored in the fridge for up to 1 week. Let the vinaigrette sit on your counter for 15 minutes before using, then shake to mix the ingredients together.
- I used a spinach blend for this apple cranberry salad, but you can use any greens you’d like!
Looking for more salad recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Poppy Seed Chicken Salad
- Italian Chicken Salad
- Cranberry Mushroom Spinach Salad
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad
Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad with Honey Cider Vinaigrette
- 5 ounces mixed greens, (I used a baby spinach blend)
- 2 medium gala apples, , thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, , sliced into thin strips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
Honey Cider Vinaigrette
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, , to taste
- In a large bowl, add greens, apple slices, red onion, pecans, cranberries, and feta cheese. Set aside.
- In a mason jar or small bowl, add olive oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Close the lid on the jar and shake vigorously until combined. If using a bowl, whisk ingredients together. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.