Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich
Thinly sliced honey ham, swiss cheese, fresh tomatoes, and crispy bacon are packed between fresh slices of bread that are grilled to perfection. With just six ingredients and hardly any prep work, you can have this Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich ready to be devoured in no time!
Happy Friday, friends! Even though my mind may or may not be on fall goodies, it’s still officially summer around here, and it’s still warm outside. And when it’s hot, I just don’t feel like sweating the day away in my kitchen.
Thank goodness for air conditioning though, right? I seriously could not function without the AC. I remember way back in my college days of living in the dorm and it being eleventy-billion degrees in there. Oh, there was air conditioning, but they would only turn it on if it was above 80 degrees for five consecutive nights in a row. Not days, nights.
So, needless to say, the air conditioning wasn’t turned on a whole lot during my first two years of college. But luckily, I lived off campus my junior and senior year, so I was as cool as a cucumber then.
Back in my younger years, the heat didn’t affect my cooking, as I didn’t really cook in college. My idea of “cooking” was toasting a bagel to make a sandwich or heating up some soup.
Thankfully, I’ve wised up over the years and (obviously) learned to love cooking. But I still don’t love it when it’s hot. And that’s why I love making quick and easy meals, like this Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich.
So, it only seemed natural that I created this Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich for an easy meal. Thinly sliced honey ham, swiss cheese, fresh tomatoes, and crispy bacon are packed between fresh slices of bread that are grilled to perfection. With just six ingredients and hardly any prep work, you can have this sandwich ready to be devoured in no time!
If you like grilled cheese sandwiches, then you’re going to love this Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich. It meets all of the requirements for a restaurant quality taste that you can make right in your own kitchen.
The bread becomes golden and crisp when the mayonnaise is spread on the outsides of the bread. And the honey ham…mmm mmm good! It gives the sandwich a touch of sweetness, while providing the perfect base for the swiss cheese, bacon, and tomatoes.
Ingredients for a Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich
To make this grilled ham and cheese recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Swiss cheese
- Honey ham
- Tomato slices
- Cooked bacon
What’s the Best Bread for Grilled Cheese?
You can use any kind of bread you’d like for this ham and Swiss sandwich. My personal favorite is oatmeal bread, but sourdough bread is another great choice.
How to Make a Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich
Like most of my recipes, this grilled ham and cheese sandwich is so easy to make! But you knew that was coming, right?
- To start, you’ll spread a thin layer of mayonnaise onto two slices of bread.
- Then, you’ll top with some swiss cheese, ham, tomato slices, bacon, and more cheese.
- Add the second slice of bread on top, and then spread another layer of mayonnaise onto the top and bottom slices of bread.
- Pop the sandwich into a skillet and grill until golden.
Told you it was easy! Within minutes, the sandwich is crispy, cheesy, and full of flavor. Perfect for a meal that’s easy to prepare and doesn’t require a lot of time spent in the kitchen.
What to Serve with a Grilled Ham and Cheese
Want to make this grilled ham and Swiss sandwich a meal? Here are a few sides to serve with it:
- Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Roasted Garlic Lemon Broccoli
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
Tips for Making a Grilled Ham and Cheese
- Use any bread you’d like for this recipe. Just make sure it’s a thicker cut, sturdy bread.
- If you can’t find honey ham in the refrigerator section of your grocery store, go to the deli counter and see if they carry any.
- You can also use sliced turkey in this recipe, if desired.
So grab those ingredients and whip up this easy Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich today. I guarantee it’ll be a dish that the whole family will enjoy!
Looking for More Grilled Sandwich Recipes? I’ve Got You Covered!
- Caprese Grilled Cheese
- Turkey, Bacon Ranch Panini
- Prosciutto, Raspberry & Brie Grilled Cheese
- Toasted Barbecue Chicken Sandwich
- Tomato, Avocado & Mozzarella Grilled Cheese
Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich
- 2 slices bread, (I used oatmeal bread)
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, , divided
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, , divided
- 4 slices honey ham
- 2 tomato slices
- 4 slices bacon, , cooked and drained
- Place the bread slices onto a flat surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise onto each slice.
- Top with 2 slices of Swiss cheese, ham, tomato slices, bacon, and the remaining 2 slices of Swiss cheese. Place the second slice on top to form a sandwich. Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise onto bread.
- Place sandwich, mayonnaise side down, onto a small skillet. Spread remaining 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise onto top of sandwich.
- Grill for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until cheese is melted and golden. Remove from skillet and serve immediately.