Caramel Popcorn Balls
These Caramel Popcorn Balls combine fresh popcorn, caramel sauce, marshmallows, and dark chocolate. This easy snack is perfect to munch on when you need to satisfy those sweet and salty cravings!
Can you believe that Halloween is tomorrow? Where has the time gone? I feel like it was just yesterday that I was making all the summer goodies in my kitchen. And within the blink of an eye, we’re at the end of October.
And speaking of Halloween, it snowed here last year. Yep, you read that right. Luckily, it was just a light dusting, so nothing really accumulated. But it was a reminder that winter was coming in the Midwest!
Instead, let’s think happier thoughts and munch on these Caramel Popcorn Balls. This easy snack combines fresh popcorn, caramel sauce, marshmallows, and some chocolate. This sweet treat is perfect to snack on when you need to satisfy those sweet and salty cravings. After all, what goes better with popcorn than some caramel?
I will be the first to admit that I do not like those store-bought popcorn balls. They seem to pop up everywhere this time of year, and I always do my best to avoid them. Those popcorn balls have a different texture and taste. It’s hard to explain, but it just doesn’t taste like popcorn to me.
Ingredients in Caramel Popcorn Balls
These Caramel Popcorn Balls are nothing like the store-bought kind! With only five ingredients, you can control what goes into this treat and how it tastes. And let me tell you, these popcorn balls are oh-so good.
The caramel coating gives the popcorn a rich and delicious flavor. And because they’re served on a stick, you can having fun eating them, too!
Here’s what you’ll need to make these easy popcorn balls:
- Caramel sauce
- Popped popcorn
- Mini marshmallows
- Powdered sugar
- Chocolate chips
How to Make Popcorn Balls
Did I mention how easy these Caramel Popcorn Balls are to make? So easy, friends.
- Simply warm up some caramel sauce until it just begins to boil.
- Pour it over the popcorn and stir in some mini marshmallows and powdered sugar.
- Grease your hands with some cooking spray (a must if you don’t want sticky fingers) and form into about eight balls.
- Then drizzle some melted chocolate over the balls and let them set for a few minutes.
One bite and you’ll be hooked on these Caramel Popcorn Balls! It’s crunch, salty, sweet and the perfect treat to cure those snack (and Halloween) cravings!
How to Store Popcorn Balls
Store these homemade popcorn balls in an airtight container at room temperature. They should last up to 5 days (but they’re really best eaten the day they’re made).
Tips for Making Caramel Popcorn Balls
- I used my homemade salted caramel sauce to make these easy popcorn balls, but you can use any kind you’d like.
- I used semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use milk or dark if desired. Or, use a blend of chocolates!
- You can pop the popcorn yourself, or you can buy a bag of pre-popped popcorn at the store. Just make sure it’s not flavored!
Looking for more popcorn recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Popcorn
- Rosemary Garlic Popcorn
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn
- White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn
- Peanut Butter Candy Popcorn
Caramel Popcorn Balls
- ¾ cup caramel sauce
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips, , melted
- In a large bowl, add in popcorn. Set aside.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat caramel sauce until it starts to boil. Remove from heat and pour over popcorn. Let cool for about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in marshmallows and powdered sugar.
- Grease your hands using cooking spray and form mixture into 8 balls. Place onto parchment paper.
- Dip or drizzle each ball into melted chocolate. Let set until chocolate is hardened.