Loaded with flavor, this Caramelized Brown Sugar Grapefruit is broiled to perfection, resulting in a sweet and tangy treat that will tickle your taste buds!
Not only did we make it more than halfway through April, but the month of May is almost in site!
I’m excited that we’re finally over the hump of it-could-be-winter but it-could-be-spring outside. Know what I mean?
While us Midwesterners aren’t officially cleared of the cold weather (last May it actually snowed in Chicago!), it’s gives us great hope that we’ve seen the end of it for a while. I’m ready for some sunshine, warm weather, and thoughts of summer looming ahead of me.
So to celebrate this Monday and thoughts of May ahead of us, I thought I would share an easy and delicious citrus recipe that just screams spring.
Loaded with flavor, this Caramelized Brown Sugar Grapefruit is broiled to perfection, resulting in a sweet and tangy treat that will tickle your taste buds. And trust me, this isn’t an ordinary grapefruit, friends. It’s jazzed up with flavor and takes this fruit to a whole new level.
I came up with this recipe while searching through a Costco cookbook. Which, by the way, did you know that Costco makes their own cookbooks? I didn’t know that until the hubster and I started dating years ago and I stumbled upon these beauties at his house. And once I laid eyes on them, I was hooked! I did put my own spin on this Caramelized Brown Sugar Grapefruit, as I love being creative with your average recipes.
This Caramelized Brown Sugar Grapefruit is everything that you would expect this fruit to taste like, and so much more. And if you’ve never broiled a grapefruit before, then you’re totally missing out! The brown sugar mixture that tops the grapefruit caramelizes into a sweet crust, which leaves the grapefruit soft and flavorful. One bite and you’ll never go back to eating a grapefruit the regular way again.
If you have 15 minutes to spare, then this Caramelized Brown Sugar Grapefruit was made for you. It makes the perfect breakfast, snack, or even dessert! And because it contains only a few ingredients, you can have this made in no time. And if you really want to make this tasty, add some whipped cream on top!
Once you dig into this fruit, be prepared to be wowed. The tangy fruit and sweet brown sugar mixture create the most perfect combination that just bursts into your mouth. It’s a party for your taste buds that’ll have you making this over and over again.
Looking for more fruit recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Fresh Strawberry Sauce
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Easy Blueberry Dump Cake
- Banana Upside Down Cake
- Blackberry Crumb Cake
Caramelized Brown Sugar Grapefruit
- 2 grapefruits cut in half
- 6 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- Position oven rack towards top of oven and preheat to medium broil. Drizzle 2 teaspoons honey over each grapefruit half. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Using a fork or your fingers, press mixture together until it forms into soft crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over the top of each grapefruit.
- Place grapefruit onto a baking pan and broil until crumbs are lightly browned, about 8-9 minutes. Serve immediately.