Jam-packed with creamy peanut butter and bursting with chocolate, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect breakfast or mid-morning snack!
Every day should start out with some peanut and chocolate, right? Maybe that’s just me? I could eat peanut butter just about every day, and usually do.
Whether it’s on a sandwich or smeared on some fruit, this spread just calls my name. And my favorite to eat it? With my trusty ‘ole spoon. Yep, I have no shame, guys. I usually take a big spoonful (or two) of peanut butter every day, it’s just so good!
And let’s not talk about how much peanut butter I seem to go through every week. I buy the jumbo sized jars and am lucky if it lasts two weeks! Whether I’m eating with my spoon or baking with it, peanut butter never lasts long in my house.
So I guess it’s easy to see where the inspiration for these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins came from, huh? Since I’m crazy about peanut butter and I love muffins, this seemed like one of my best muffin ideas yet! And after three batches, I finally perfected this recipe!
Jam-packed with creamy peanut butter and bursting with chocolate, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip muffins are the perfect breakfast or snack from when you want a flavorful and satisfying treat.
Besides being crammed with peanut butter and chocolate, these muffins are the perfect texture!
Slightly crispy on the outside and tender and moist on the inside, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip muffins are the answer for those peanut butter addicts (like me) out there!
And like most of my recipes, these muffins are so easy to make!
Simply mix together the wet ingredients, followed by the dry ingredients and combine. I also used my oven trick of baking them at 425F for 5 minutes and then lowering the oven to 375 and baking for the rest of the time. This results in those large and beautiful, bakery-style muffins.
One bite and you’ll fall in love with these decadent and soft muffins. These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect grab ‘n go breakfast, mid-morning snack, or after-dinner treat. So if you’re a peanut butter lover like me, then get in that kitchen and start bakin’!
Looking for more muffin recipes? Then I’ve got you covered!
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Pumpkin Blueberry Muffins
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk any kind
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Lightly spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment.
- Add in eggs, one at a time, followed by milk. Mix well. Slowly add in flour mixture, mixing just until combined. Gently fold in chocolate chips. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling ¾ full.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°F and then turn oven down to 375°F (without opening oven door) and bake for 12-14 minutes, or until muffins are lightly browned on top and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. **This will help the muffins to rise high and fluffy**
- Let cool in muffin tin for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.