This Fresh Strawberry Sauce is light, fresh, and bursting with flavor. Made with just four ingredients and ready in 30 minutes, this easy sauce is perfect for topping ice cream, cheesecake, pancakes, and more!
The hubster and I are pretty predictable when it comes to our eating habits.
We both make our lunches for work at night, and while I like a little bit of variety, the hubster usually makes a sandwich or dishes up some leftovers, along with some strawberries, for the next day.
You can pretty much always find a carton of strawberries in our fridge, as it’s one of our favorite fruits! I like to slice it up to add to my yogurt or dip it into some chocolate or brown sugar when I want something sweeter. But whatever the case may be, we never seem to waste this fruit.
But instead of just eating strawberries my usual way, I decided to get more creative and turn it into this Strawberry Sauce recipe!
What Makes This Strawberry Sauce so Great:
- It’s bursting with juicy strawberries and brimming with flavor!
- The lemon juice gives it a nice perk to the sweetness.
- Did I mention how easy this Fresh Strawberry Sauce is to make? So easy, guys!
Once you try this stuff, I guarantee that you’ll be making it all the time. So let’s get down to business!
- If you like a smoother sauce, cook the topping for a couple minutes longer than the recipe calls for.
- If you like more strawberry pieces in your sauce, check it at 15 minutes as that may be enough for you.
- Bottled lemon juice works great, but fresh lemon juice really makes the strawberry topping sing.
- Don’t forget to stir the sauce! If you don’t stir it, the sugars will burn.
- Add a little lemon zest into the strawberry sauce to really pack in the lemon flavor
- If you’re out of white sugar, try using honey or maple syrup instead (use 4 tablespoons of either).
- Add in a different type of berry if you’re running low on strawberries. Raspberries would be a great choice!
Perfectly sweet and oh-so delicious, this Fresh Strawberry Sauce will wow your tastebuds! It’s so versatile, so you can pour it on top of pancakes or waffles, drizzle it over ice cream or yogurt, or just eat with your trusty ‘ole spoon. This sauce is simply amazing and I know you’ll think the same!
How to Make this Strawberry Sauce Recipe:
- Gather the strawberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice and combine then into a medium pot.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cook. Serve immediately or keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Looking for more strawberry recipes? Then I’ve got you covered!
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Easy Strawberry Poke Cake
- Strawberry Pound Cake
- Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- Strawberry Cinnamon Dump Cake
Fresh Strawberry Sauce
- 1 pound fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine strawberries, sugar, water, and lemon juice.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to simmer and let cook 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Serve immediately or keep in an airtight container or glass jar in refrigerator.