Corn, Edamame and Chickpea Salad
Jam-packed with corn, edamame, chickpeas, and tomatoes, this Corn, Edamame and Chickpea Salad is full of flavor and makes the perfect light lunch or dinner. By adding a touch of feta cheese, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and a white balsamic dressing, the ingredients blend together to make a zesty dish!
School has started, guys. Can you believe it?
That signals the unofficial end of summer to me. And while my school days are long behind me, I can still smell “school” in the air. Whenever I walk outside early in the morning and feel the crispness of the air, it just reminds me of starting school all over again.
Mainly, I’m transported to my high school days. And then I happily remember that those days over and I immediately breathe a sigh of relief. I actually liked school, but it’s nice to know that I don’t have to return if I don’t want to. And I think one Master’s degree is enough, right? I don’t think I have the energy to devote myself to a second one!
Ok, enough about school!
Let’s talk about all the things that remind me of summer, such as warm weather, cool treats, and fresh produce. Have I mentioned that I love fresh produce? I feel like I live at the farmer’s market on the weekends, so I’m trying to savor all of the time I have left with it.
Besides buying loads of tomatoes and fresh fruit, I usually stock up on corn. I love cooking fresh corn on the cob. The flavors are so delicious and just ooze summer to me. Who’s with me?
This Corn, Edamame and Chickpea Salad combines the fresh tastes of summer. Jam-packed with corn, edamame, chickpeas, and tomatoes, this salad is full of flavor and makes the perfect light lunch or dinner. By adding a touch of feta cheese, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and a white balsamic dressing, the ingredients blend together to make a zesty dish.
If you’re a fan of corn salads, then this Corn, Edamame and Chickpea Salad is perfect for you. Since I pretty much snack on edamame and chickpeas all the time, I thought it was only natural to add it to the salad. And let me tell you, those beans give it such a great texture and color.
The white balsamic dressing is adapted from this corn salad that I shared last summer. It’s my go-to dressing that’s full of flavor, yet lighter in calories. I actually like white balsamic vinegar more then red balsamic, so if you haven’t tried it yet, then you’re totally missing out.
One bite of this Corn, Edamame and Chickpea salad and you’ll be hooked. The flavors create a zesty punch, while the ingredients provide just the right amount of texture and freshness. It’s the easiest salad to whip up for when you want to savor the last moments of summer.
Looking for more salad recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Corn, Edamame, and Chickpea Salad
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 cup shelled edamame, cooked
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place corn cobs into a large pot of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Shock corn by submerging into a large bowl of water so that corn stops cooking. Remove corn from water and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine edamame, chickpeas, tomatoes, red onion, feta, and cilantro. Lightly toss to mix together.
- Cut corn off the cobs and toss in salad mixture. Pour lime juice, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar over salad and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.