Packed with tender pasta, a creamy ranch dressing, and BLT fixings, your favorite sandwich gets a makeover in with this easy BLT Pasta Salad!
It’s that time of year where you can just walk outside and smell those outdoor grills cookin’ up some delicious burgers, hot dogs, or chicken. Kids are running around outside all day and the daylight feel like it will never end. Welcome to summer, friends.
Now let’s back-track for a minute and talk about those barbecues, parties, and get-togthers. Whether you have a graduation party, birthday party, or anything in between, chances are that you’re going to feast on some delicious summery foods.
And with those foods come some tasty side dishes. I’m not picky about what I eat, but I always look forward to pasta salads. It’s one of my favorite types of salads and I just seem to crave it more during the summer.
Which brings me to this BLT Pasta Salad. Packed with tender pasta, a creamy ranch dressing, and BLT fixings, your favorite sandwich gets a makeover in this easy pasta dish!
And if you like pasta and love BLT’s then this bacon ranch pasta salad was made for you! It has all of the flavors of the sandwich, such as bacon, lettuce and tomato, topped with a creamy ranch dressing mixture that is sure to make you dream of summer all year long.
Not only is this BLT Pasta Salad the perfect side to bring to those summer gatherings, but it’s also so easy to make, too!
You knew that was coming, right? From start to finish, you can have this dish made in less than a half hour. And that means more time to spend outside and less time being cooped up in the kitchen. It’s kind of a win-win situation in my book!
BLT Pasta Salad Ingredients
As promised, this BLT pasta salad with ranch dressing is easy peasy and requires minimal ingredients:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Dry ranch dressing mix
- Cherry tomatoes
- Romaine lettuce
- Salt and pepper
How to Make BLT Pasta Salad
One bite of the BLT Pasta Salad and you’ll want to make this all year long! The BLT flavors and zesty ranch dressing are the perfect topping for the tender pasta.
And because it’s so easy to whip up, you have no excuse not to make this for parties, graduations, or just when you’re in the mood for a delicious pasta salad.
- Make the ranch dressing and refrigerate for at least an hour (or overnight) so that the flavors blend together.
- Prepare the bacon, slice the tomatoes, and chop the lettuce.
- Toss the BLT toppings with some cooked pasta, mix in the ranch dressing, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
What’s the Best Pasta for Pasta Salad?
Because this bacon ranch pasta salad has lots of hefty mix-ins, I recommend using a short, sturdy pasta for this recipe. Something like elbow macaroni, penne, or rotini would be best.
Can I Prep This BLT Pasta Salad in Advance?
To ensure this remains a creamy pasta salad, I recommend waiting to add the dressing and lettuce until just before you serve it. Otherwise you’ll wind up with a soggy BLT pasta salad.
Tips for Making BLT Pasta Salad
- The dressing is a mixture of Greek yogurt, mayonnaise and dry ranch dressing mix, which keeps it on the lighter side. But if you’re not a fan of Greek yogurt, feel free to swap it out with mayonnaise.
- I used regular pork bacon in this pasta salad with ranch dressing, but you’re welcome to use any bacon you’d like.
- Be sure to salt your pasta water so that the pasta itself has some flavor to it. You don’t want to serve a bland pasta salad!
So what are you waiting for? Grab those ingredients and whip up this BLT Ranch Pasta Salad for your next party!
Looking for more pasta salad recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Easy Italian Pasta Salad
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Roasted Mushroom and Tomato Pasta Salad
- Cherry Balsamic Pasta Salad
BLT Ranch Pasta Salad
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ (of 1.0 ounce) package dry Ranch dressing mix
- 16 ounces pasta
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , quartered
- 10 slices bacon , drained, cooked, and crumbled
- 2 cups romaine or iceberg lettuce , chopped
- Salt and pepper , to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, and dressing mix. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- In a large pot, cook pasta until al dente. Remove from heat, drain, and rinse under cold water.
- Add tomatoes and bacon. Stir well to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce and dressing just before serving so that it does not become too soggy.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- It's best to add the dressing to the salad right before serving so that it stays creamy.