Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites
Packed with hearty oats, creamy peanut butter, bananas, and a sprinkling of chocolate, these Peanut Butter Banana No-Bake Energy Bites make the perfect, on-the-go breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
Let’s start our day off with some peanut butter, shall we? Well, peanut butter and bananas, because that’s a winning combo in my book.
Have you ever had a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich? Oh man, is that good! I think that was Elvis’s choice of sandwich, am I right? Or maybe there was bacon in it, too? I can’t remember, but either way, I love creating a grilled sandwich like that if I want to forgo a regular grilled cheese.
Can you tell that I have grilled peanut butter sandwiches on the brain? That’s where I got the idea to make these Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites, just incase you couldn’t tell.
While there’s no bread (or bacon!) in these peanut butter banana bites, they’re full of flavor and are on the healthier side. These banana energy bites make the best breakfast recipe, too!
That’s right…chocolate and peanut butter can be combined into something healthier, that still has a decadent flair. And did I mention that these cuties are good for you? Chia seeds and honey also make up these bites, giving them a boost of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
So, whether your New Year’s resolution (or in my case, goal) is to eat a bit healthier, or if you just adore peanut butter and banana together like I do, this healthier snack was made for you.
Easy to make and even better to eat, you’ll be munching on these bites for breakfast or a mid-morning snack!
Ingredients in No-Bake Energy Bites
This banana and peanut butter snack comes together with few ingredients. Here’s all you’ll need to make these healthy energy bites:
- Old-fashioned oats
- Mini chocolate chips
- Chia seeds
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla bean paste (or extract)
How to Make No-Bake Energy Bites
These Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites are so easy to make! Since they’re no-bake, it requires less than 10 minutes of prep and a little time to chill in the fridge. Easy peasy, friends!
Combine the oats, chocolate chips, and chia seeds. Set aside.
In another bowl, add the peanut butter and honey. Microwave until the peanut butter melts slightly, so that it is easier to stir.
Remove from microwave and add in vanilla extract and mashed banana.
Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine.
Place bowl into refrigerator and chill for 15-20 minutes.
Form mixture into small balls. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
How Long Do No-Bake Energy Bites Last?
Store banana peanut butter energy bites in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for up to one week.
Can I Make This Recipe Into Bars?
I’ve never tried transforming these peanut butter banana bites into granola bars, but I bet you could! Line your baking dish with parchment paper so the bars are easier to remove and slice.
Tips for Making Healthy Energy Bites
- Use old-fashioned oats in this recipe. Steel cut oats are too chewy and instant oats are too dry for this recipe.
- Use any brand of peanut butter you’d like. Natural or “traditional” peanut butter will both work!
- Feel free to omit the chocolate chips if you want these bites to be extra healthy.
Looking for more energy bites? I’ve got you covered!
- Blueberry Almond Butter Energy Bites
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Energy Bites
- Pumpkin Pie Bites
- Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Peanut Butter Banana No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1¾ cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, (optional)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, (or vanilla extract)
- 1 ripe banana, , mashed
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, chocolate chips, and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In a small, microwaveable bowl, add the peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until peanut butter melts slightly, so that it is easier to stir. Remove from microwave and add in vanilla extract and mashed banana. Stir thoroughly until mixture is smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine, ensuring all of the oats are covered. If the mixture seems too wet, add 1 tablespoon (or more) of oats, until it comes together.
- Place bowl into refrigerator and chill for 15-20 minutes, so that mixture holds together and is easier to shape into balls. Form mixture into small balls. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Store energy bites in an airtight container or ziploc bag in the refridgerator for up to one week.
- Adapted from my Blueberry Almond Butter Energy Bites.