If you’re looking for things to make with pumpkin puree, try these Pumpkin Pie Bites! They are a healthy, no-bake version of the classic dessert, but made easy without all of the prep work.
Filled with ground oats, pumpkin puree, peanut butter, and spices, these pumpkin energy balls are the perfect treat for fall!
At the end of each week, I want to shout “It’s finally Friday!” Why do the weekdays take forever to end, but the weekends just fly by? So not fair if you ask me!
I love to relax and enjoy the weekends in the beautiful fall weather. The hubster and I have been on-the-go lately, and it will be nice to kick back and have a (somewhat) lazy weekend.
With all of the hustle and bustle of our lives lately, we’ve been more tired than usual. So to help keep us energized and ready to go, I whipped up a batch of these pumpkin pie bites. They taste like pumpkin pie but are actually more like pumpkin energy balls!
Easy and healthy fall snacks are a sure winner in my book. If you’ve tried my Peanut Butter Energy Bites or these Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites (which I make on a monthly basis), you know how good energy bites can be.
So in honor of fall, I decided to modify my favorite recipe and turn it into a pumpkin-filled treat!
And guess what? These Pumpkin Pie Bites literally took just minutes to prepare. That’s it! You simply mix your wet ingredients, stir it into the ground oats, and shape into balls. Told you it was easy!
What Makes These Pumpkin Pie Bites So Great
- These pumpkin balls take just like the pie, but in a smaller form!
- They’re super fast to make — you just need 10 minutes!
- They’re packed with healthy ingredients that will give you a boost of energy!
Ingredients in Pumpkin Pie Bites
This is one of my favorite pumpkin snacks. I love that the ingredients list is short, but packed with flavor!
- Pure pumpkin puree
- Peanut butter
- Old-fashioned oats
- Chia seeds
- Ground cinnamon
- Pumpkin pie spice
Instead of using whole oats, I ground them up in a food processor. This ensures that you get a smooth treat, which maximizes the pumpkin flavor.
I also used Jif Whipped Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter to mold these bites together. Have you tried that yet? Amazing!
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Bites
These pumpkin protein balls come together quickly and easily. Here’s an overview of how the bites come together:
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, honey, and peanut butter.
- Add in the oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well.
- Using a small spoon or scoop, roll the mixture into balls with your hands.
- Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes, or until firm, if needed.
Once you bite into these cuties, you’ll feel like you’ve been transported to Thanksgiving, where pumpkin pie is plentiful. Full of flavor and easy to pop ‘n go, I guarantee these pumpkin pie bites will be your favorite healthy treat!
Recipe Variations to Try
- Switch up the peanut butter with a different nut butter like almond, cashew, or pecan!
- Try maple syrup instead of honey to add more fall flavor!
- If you want a little crunch with these bites, finely chop some nuts and roll the bites in the nuts before putting them in the fridge!
- If you don’t keep chia seeds on hand, I imagine flax seeds could be substituted.
How to Store Pumpkin Pie Bites
These pumpkin balls will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to two weeks — if they last that long!
Tips for Making Pumpkin Balls
- If you used the Jif Whipped Peanut Butter, there’s not need to melt it first as it’s light and relatively thin by itself.
- If you use a regular creamy peanut butter, you many need to melt it slightly before combining it with the other ingredients.
- Be sure to use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling! Otherwise these energy bites will end up much sweeter.
Looking for more Fall Snack Ideas?
- Caramel Apple Nachos
- Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Peanut Butter Candy Popcorn
- Halloween Snack Mix
- Caramel Popcorn Balls
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cobbler
- Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter Bread
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Nutella Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
- Pumpkin Apple Muffins
Pumpkin Pie Bites
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Jif Whipped Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter (or regular peanut butter, slightly melted - see note below)
- 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats , ground in food processor
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, honey, and peanut butter.
- Add in oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well.
- Using a small spoon or scoop, roll into balls.
- Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes, or until firm, if needed.
- If you used the Jif Whipped Peanut Butter, there is no need to melt it first, as it's light and relatively thin by itself. If you use regular creamy peanut butter, than you will need to melt it slightly.
- Pumpkin Pie Bites will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.