Packed with hearty oats, creamy peanut butter, bananas, and a sprinkling of chocolate, these no-bake Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites make the perfect, on-the-go breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
Let’s start our day off with some peanut butter, shall we?
Well, peanut butter and bananas, because that’s a winning combo in my book.
Have you ever had a grilled peanut butter and banana sandwich? Oh man, is that good! I think that was Elvis’s choice of sandwich, am I right? Or maybe there was bacon in it, too? I can’t remember, but either way, I love creating a grilled sandwich like that if I want to forgo a regular grilled cheese.
Can you tell that I have grilled peanut butter sandwiches on the brain? That’s where I got the idea to make these Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites, just incase you couldn’t tell.
While there’s no bread (or bacon!) in these bites, they’re full of flavor and on the healthier side. Packed with hearty oats, creamy peanut butter, bananas, and a sprinkling of chocolate, these no-bake Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites make the perfect, on-the-go breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
That’s right…chocolate and peanut butter cane be combined into something healthier, that still has a decadent flair.
And did I mention that these cuties are good for you? Chia seeds and honey also make up these bites, giving them a boost of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
And, you guessed it…these Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites are so easy to make! Since they’re no-bake, it requires less than 10 minutes of prep and a little time to chill in the fridge. Easy peasy, friends!
So, whether your New Year’s resolution (or in my case, goal) is to eat a bit healthier, or if you just adore peanut butter and banana together like I do, this healthier snack was made for you.
Easy to make and even better to eat, you’ll be munching on these bites for breakfast or a mid-morning snack!
Looking for more energy bites? I’ve got you covered!
Peanut Butter Banana Energy Bites
- 1¾ cups old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, chocolate chips, and chia seeds. Set aside.
- In a small, microwaveable bowl, add the peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until peanut butter melts slightly, so that it is easier to stir. Remove from microwave and add in vanilla extract and mashed banana. Stir thoroughly until mixture is smooth.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir to combine, ensuring all of the oats are covered. If the mixture seems too wet, add 1 tablespoon (or more) of oats, until it comes together.
- Place bowl into refrigerator and chill for 15-20 minutes, so that mixture holds together and is easier to shape into balls.
- Form mixture into small balls. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Store energy bites in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to one week.
- Adapted from my Blueberry Almond Butter Energy Bites