Roasted Garlic Green Beans are filled with fresh beans, ripe tomatoes and feta cheese, combined with a light garlic and lemon dressing!
Not only do I love this time of year because of the weather, but I also enjoy it because of all of the fresh produce that seems to pop up everywhere. I try to visit my local farmer’s market whenever I have the chance, as I love browsing through all of the fruits and veggies. From corn to strawberries and everything in between, I love it all.
Sometimes I come home with bags of goodies and every once in a while, I buy a little too much of something. My eyes are bigger than my stomach, so I’m left with produce that will eventually go to waste.
Since I already had a main dish prepared, I decided to whip up these Roasted Garlic Green Beans as an easy side. It’s a great way to use up those leftover farmer’s market veggies and takes just minutes to prepare. Plus, the hubster loves green beans, so I knew he’d go crazy over this salad.
These Roasted Garlic Green Beans are filled with fresh beans, ripe tomatoes and feta cheese, combined with a light garlic and lemon dressing. It’s flavorful, fresh, and the perfect side dish for just about any time.
This recipe can also be eaten hot or cold, so it works well for picnics in the park or as a dinner-time accompaniment.
If you’ve never roasted green beans before, then you’re missing out! It’s incredibly easy and gives this vegetable the perfect amount of flavor.
And because I’m a garlic addict, I not only roasted the green beans in garlic, but I also make a light dressing that covers these garlic green beans. So if you love garlic, then you need to to make this salad right now.
To make garlic green beans, simply trim about a pound of fresh green beans and toss them in some olive oil. Season them with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and roast on a baking tray for about 15 minutes.
While the green beans are roasting, let’s prepare the dressing. Combine some olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, and a dash of pepper. Once the green beans are ready, pour over the veggies and then top with fresh tomatoes and feta cheese.
One bite and your taste buds will be thanking you! These roasted green beans are crunchy, fresh, and full of flavor. The cherry tomatoes and feta cheese provide the perfect topping, while the dressing gives the salad a touch of spice.
Looking for more easy side dishes? I’ve got you covered!
- Garlic Herb Sweet Potato Wedges
- Creamy Stovetop Macaroni & Cheese
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower
- Parmesan Honey Roasted Carrots
Roasted Garlic Green Bean Salad
FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 pound fresh green beans trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread green beans on a large baking tray in an even layer. Drizzle olive oil over top and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Lightly toss to coat.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until tender, but still slightly crisp.
- As green beans are roasting, prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Pour over green beans and top with cherry tomatoes and feta. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.