Parmesan Honey Roasted Carrots
These Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots make a deliciously easy side dish that’s ready in no time. Packed with sweet and savory flavors and roasted until tender, these carrots are fresh, flavorful and perfect alongside any dish!
Life can be hectic and it only seems to get busier when the summer rolls around.
I know we’re still in the last month or so of spring, but along with the warmer weather comes parties, graduations, weddings, vacations, and a whole slew of other activities. Am I right?
Now, I’m not complaining, as summer is my favorite time of the year (well, next to fall and all things pumpkin!), but I wish time would just slow down a little bit so that I can get everything done that I need to.
I’m so lucky that being a food blogger is my full-time job, and that means being able to work from home and creating my own schedule. But, it’s not an easy job! Even though I’m my own boss, this is the hardest job (but most rewarding) that I’ve had.
In between recipe testing, editing photos, writing blog posts, scheduling out social media tasks, working with brands, running to the store for the ump-teenth time and everything else in between, it’s hard to find a moment to spare.
And when it comes to dinner, I’m either testing a recipe for the blog at 10am (and heating it up later for leftovers), or I’m on the hunt for something simple, balanced, and freshly made.
And because my husband and I love Macaroni and Cheese, I decided to pair it with these Parmesan Honey Roasted Carrots for a fresh and easy meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
These roasted honey glazed carrots make a deliciously easy side dish that’s ready in no time. Packed with sweet and savory flavors and roasted until tender, these carrots are fresh, flavorful and perfect alongside any dish!
And if you’ve been hanging around here long enough, you know that I love roasted veggies! Not only does it take just minutes to prepare, but it’s a great way to infuse that caramelized flavor. With these easy roasted carrots, the flavor is to the max and the texture is amazing!
The Parmesan cheese adds that savory flavor to the carrots, while the honey brings in a hint of sweetness. And because these carrots are roasted, they become tender, yet still slightly crisp, and have that perfect, caramelized texture. Mmm mmm good!
Ingredients for Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
To make this oven roasted carrots recipe, you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
Like most of my recipes, these Parmesan Honey Roasted Carrots are so easy to make!
- Simply peel and slice some carrots.
- Toss them in a mixture of olive oil, honey, spices.
- Let the oven work its magic!
- When the carrots are about halfway done, sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and return to the oven to continue roasting. Easy peasy and oh-so good!
When you pair these Parmesan honey roasted carrots with Stouffer’s Macaroni and Cheese, you have a simple and balanced meal that’s perfect for accommodating busy weeknights, and busy lives!
How Long Does it Take to Roast Carrots?
These carrots will need to roast at 425ºF for about 20 minutes in total. You’ll need to flip them halfway through.
Can I Use Baby Carrots?
I’ve only made this recipe with regular carrots that I’ve peeled and sliced, but I imagine baby carrots would work too! I don’t think you’d need to slice them.
Can I I Prepare These in Advance?
Once roasted, the honey glazed carrots are best enjoyed right away. But leftovers are still delicious!
Tips for the Best Roasted Carrots
- You can use any variety or color of carrots you’d like for this recipe.
- Make sure to slice the carrots as evenly as possible. You want them to be the same size so that they roast at the same rate.
- Freshly grated Parmesan will deliver the best flavor, but I won’t judge if you use the stuff in the green shaker can!
Looking for more easy side dishes? I’ve got you covered!
- Mushroom Wild Rice Pilaf
- Baked Cheesy Cauliflower
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus with Feta
- Maple Brown Sugar Carrots
- Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
- Garlic Parmesan Corn
Roasted Honey Glazed Carrots
- 2 pounds carrots, (peeled and cut into 1-inch diagonal pieces)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, (for garnish, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place carrots onto prepared pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, honey, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour mixture over carrots and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese evenly over carrots.
- Roast for 10 minutes, remove from oven, and flip carrots over. Sprinkle remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese evenly over carrots. Return to oven and continue to roast for 10-12 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley, if desired.
Isn’t mac and cheese just the best comfort food? I love the idea of pairing these sweet-and-salty carrots with the pasta for a simple and kid-friendly dinner! YUM!
It is the best! Thanks, Blair!
Carrots haven’t look so good, Gayle! Love the parmesan and honey addition, along with the herbs. Great idea pairing with mac too. Kinda makes have something carby like mac and cheese a little more healthy, ya know? A little carrot here, a little mac there – all about balance! Pinned! Cheers to a wonderful weekend, my friend!
Thanks for the carrot love, friend! Happy weekend to you!
Gayle, these Parmesan Honey Roasted Carrots look so good with the mac and cheese! yummm!
Roasted carrots are the best! Love the addition of parmesan!
I’m excited about the warmer weather, it is finally getting better! Love carrots and these look and sound delicious! Can’t wait to try them!
Thanks for the carrot love, Mira!
Oh my gosh I LOVE the addition of parm here! So good!!
Thanks, Lindsay! It makes the carrot extra special!
I love blogging because like you said — we are our own boss — but I totally agree with you that it’s such a hard job. Balancing every aspect of it is a challenge that I face every week, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. 🙂 These carrots look so good and I would just devour them!
Blogging is so hard, but worth it! 🙂 Thank you, friend!
What a great side dish! Renders mac n cheese into health food instantly 😉
Thanks for the sweet comment!