These Strawberry Banana Muffins are packed with fresh strawberries and sweet bananas, with added yogurt to make for a deliciously moist and flavorful treat. Easy to bake and even better to eat, these muffins are sure to become your favorite breakfast or snack!
It’s no secret that I love strawberries.
From this croissant bake, to that cobbler, this pound cake and that ice cream, I love it all. Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits to eat and probably my most favorite to bake with. They’re just so versatile, fresh, and pretty!
I also love muffins. I said this before and I’ll say it again, if I could have a blog dedicated to just muffins and have it succeed, I would. But, I have a feeling people might get sick of muffins after a while. So, I like to compromise and share my love of muffins every now and then, instead of every single day.
So, it was only a matter of time before I took my love of strawberries and muffins and combined them into a baked good. I’ve actually had this muffin recipe in my head for quite some time and finally got around to testing the recipe and giving it five gold stars.
These muffins are adapted from my banana chocolate chip recipe that I shared with you previously. Now, banana baked anything is another favorite of mine. But banana breads and muffins definitely top the list as my all-time favorite. So, naturally, these Strawberry Banana Muffins were born. And if you love anything strawberry-banana flavored, then these are calling your name!
What Makes These Strawberry Banana Muffins so Delicious:
- They’re filled with hints of sweet banana and bursting with chunks of juicy strawberries!
- They use Greek yogurt to keep the easy muffins moist and add a little extra protein!
- The muffins bake up fluffy, round, and incredibly soft.
- These breakfast muffins are a breeze to whip up. You can have these prepped, baked, and ready to be devoured in about a half hour.
The hubster loves bananas, but add them into a baked good, and he won’t go near it. Strange, right? But when I convinced him to taste these muffins (I emphasized the juicy strawberries in here), he was hooked. And that’s when I knew these breakfast muffins were a winner.
I sent these muffins (minus a few for me) with the hubster so that he could share these with his co-workers, and they were gone in no time. Hence, I succeeded with this Strawberry Banana Muffin recipe. Have I mentioned that the hubster’s co-workers are my recipe tester? They’ve give me rave reviews on these cookies, those muffins, that bread, and more.
If you’re looking for a new breakfast, post-workout snack, or flavorful dessert, these muffins were made for you. I guarantee you won’t be able to resist the sweet taste and soft texture!
- Make sure the bananas you use have brown spots on the outside! A riper banana is sweeter than a completely yellow banana, and easier to mash up.
- Be sure not to over stir the muffin mixture! If you over stir it, you can create bubbles in the mixture which will leave a series of pockets in your muffins.
- Start baking the breakfast muffins for 5 minutes at 425F, then keeping oven door closed, lower temp to 350F and bake for 15 minutes, or until muffins are lightly browned. This oven trick helps to ensure those large, bakery-style muffins.
- Replace half the butter with applesauce if you’re looking to cut calories. That would mean using 1/4 cup of butter and 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- Use raspberries in place of the strawberries to switch up the flavor a bit!
- Replace 1 cup of all purpose flour with 1 cup of whole wheat flour to give these easy muffins a healthy twist!
How To Make Strawberry Banana Muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. line two 12 count muffin tins with paper liners or grease with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in the egg, vanilla and yogurt into the butter mixture.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the mashed banana, followed by the strawberries
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each until about 3/4 of the way full.
- Place tins in the oven and bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees F, then keeping the oven door closed, lower temp to 350 degrees F and bake for 15 minutes until muffins are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cook in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to see how easy these muffins are to make!
Looking for more muffin recipes? You know I’ve got you covered!
- Bakery Style Blueberry Muffins
- Blueberry Granola Oatmeal Muffins
- Healthier Banana Honey Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Did you make and love this recipe? Give it your review below and make sure to follow along with me on Facebook and Instagram to get other great recipe ideas!
Yields 20 muffins
These Strawberry Banana Muffins are packed with fresh strawberries and sweet bananas, which yields a deliciously moist and flavorful treat. Easy to make and even better to eat, these muffins are sure to become your favorite breakfast or dessert!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1 cup diced, fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line two 12 count muffin tins with paper liners or grease with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat the egg, vanilla, and yogurt into the butter mixture.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture and beat until just combined.
- Gently fold in the mashed banana, followed by the strawberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin, filling each until about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425F, then keeping oven door closed, lower temp to 350F and bake for 15 minutes, or until muffins are lightly browned. This oven trick helps to ensure those large, bakery-style muffins.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes in pan, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.