This Baked Honey Garlic Chicken recipe is an easy meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes. Tender chunks of chicken are coated in a zesty seasoning, oven baked until golden, then tossed with a honey garlic sauce. Perfect for busy weeknights, serve over rice and make it the hit of your dinner table!
I mentioned before that I don’t totally love chicken, but it seems that I keep shoving chicken recipes in your face.
Maybe I should rephrase that a bit…I do like chicken, but I really need to jazz it up with flavor in order for me to love it. I usually never order chicken at a restaurant, unless I’m in the mood for chicken marsala, or it comes in a pasta dish or pizza. Because, you know, I can’t resist carbs.
But since the hubster loves chicken, I like to challenge myself to create a dish that we’ll both enjoy. This Garlic Bruschetta Chicken definitely hit the spot, and so did that Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. So, moral of the story is that I need chicken with lots of flavor in order for me to love it.
And since it’s 30 minute Thursday, I have my latest (and greatest) chicken recipe for you. It’s a simple dish that can be prepped, baked and ready to be devoured in a half hour. How about that for a Thursday?
What Makes This Baked Honey Garlic Chicken So Great:
- It’s easy to make and comes together quickly – 30 minutes and you’ve got dinner on the table!
- The Italian breadcrumbs contain just the right amount of flavor and turn the baked chicken crispy and golden brown.
- The honey and garlic combine to bring a zesty yet sweet sauce to the recipe – it’s my favorite part of the dish!
This chicken is anything but boring! I love baking with honey, but when I can combine it in a savory recipe and add in some garlic, I’m a happy girl. Because, remember, garlic and I are best friends. And it just so happens that honey and garlic get along pretty well, too.
Your taste buds will thank you, trust me! This baked chicken recipe is crispy, flavorful and packed with just the right amount of seasoning. It’s also the perfect weeknight meal and pleases even the pickiest of chicken eaters! Serve this chicken with some white rice, potatoes, or vegetables, and you have a deliciously easy 30 minute meal!
- When coating the chicken breast, make sure it gets completely covered in egg, then completely covered again in breadcrumbs. You don’t want to miss out on any golden goodness!
- Be sure to spread the chicken pieces out on the pan so they’re not touching! Otherwise they won’t cook evenly.
- If you want to serve this with rice, start cooking the rice after the chicken is int eh oven and you’ve made the sauce. That way the baked chicken and the rice will be done roughly around the same time.
- If you’re not a fan of chicken breast, you could also make this recipe with chicken thighs. Thighs tend to be a more forgiving cut of meat and don’t dry out as easily.
- Switch things up by replacing the chicken with shrimp! Follow the same dredging process, then cook the shrimp in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- Give a little heat to this dish by adding some crushed red pepper flakes in with the breadcrumbs. Start with 1/2 a teaspoon and add more depending on how much heat you like.
How To Make Baked Honey Garlic Chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or coat with non-stick cooking spray then set it aside.
- Pour the breadcrumbs onto a plate or shallow baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Next you’ll add beaten eggs to a medium bowl (or you can add the eggs to the bowl and beat them in there, which might save you washing a dish). Working in batches, add chicken pieces to the egg mixture, making sure each piece is fully coated. Then, dredge the chicken pieces in the bread crumb mixture, coating all sides. Place them onto prepared baking pan.
- Repeat that process for the remaining chicken pieces, then bake the chicken for 20-22 minutes, or until it’s cooked through and golden.
- While the chicken is cooking, you’ll want to prepare sauce.
- In a microwave-safe medium bowl, combine the honey, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Microwave for about 20 seconds until slightly warmed. Stir everything to combine.
- When chicken is cooked, add it to the honey mixture and toss everything to coat. Serve immediately.
Looking for more chicken dishes? I’ve got you covered!
- Honey Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry
- Garlic Bruschetta Chicken
- Honey Garlic Salmon Quinoa Bowl
- Honey Garlic Shrimp and Cilantro Lime Rice Bowl
30 Minute Thursday: Baked Honey Garlic Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1½ cups Italian bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup honey
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Pour breadcrumbs onto a plate or shallow baking dish. Season with salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Add beaten eggs to a medium bowl.
- Working in batches, add chicken pieces to egg mixture, making sure each piece is fully coated. Then, dredge chicken pieces in bread crumb mixture, coating all sides.
- Place onto prepared baking pan and repeat with remaining chicken pieces. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and golden.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare sauce. In a medium bowl, combine the honey, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Microwave for about 20 seconds until slightly warmed. Stir to combine.
- When chicken is cooked, add to honey mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately.