Turkey Panini with Bacon and Guacamole
This Turkey Panini with Bacon and Guacamole is loaded with sliced turkey, creamy guacamole, Havarti cheese, bacon and tomatoes. It’s a delicious sandwich recipe that is easy to make and even better to eat!
I am a huge panini fan. Besides the golden bread and hearty ingredients, I like paninis because they’re the least messiest sandwich to eat when you’re at a restaurant.
You see, I get mad at my food when it falls apart. And I’m not even kidding. I love wraps, but I usually think twice before ordering them at a restaurant, because I don’t want it to fall apart. And if that happens, I get grouchy and silently curse my wrap that I now need to eat with a fork.
And club sandwiches? Forget those! I never order those out. Ever. The last time I did was about 15 years ago and I got upset because it fell apart. I just remember my mom shaking her head at me. It’s ok, you can call me a weirdo.
And whenever I think of a panini, my mind automatically goes to Panera. But the funny thing is, I usually order my staple dish for there: The you-pick-two french onion soup and a salad. Although, sometimes I cave and get one of their delicious paninis.
What Makes This Turkey Panini with Bacon and Guacamole So Great:
- It’s super fast to make – about 10 minutes and you’re done!
- It’s loaded with fresh ingredients and makes a delicious combination for those turkey, bacon and guac lovers out there.
- This panini will NOT fall apart when you eat it. I’ve made this several times and this is fail-proof.
I’m a little afraid to admit this, but making this Turkey Panini with Bacon and Guacamole was the first time that I used my panini press, which I got over two years ago for my wedding shower. Can you believe it?
But luckily, I’m now hooked on making my own sandwiches, so I’ve been experimenting with it more and more. Which means more sandwiches are coming your way soon…get excited!
- If you don’t have a panini press, use a heavy skillet – a cast iron one is best if you have it.
- Don’t move the sandwich around as it cooks, otherwise some of the yummy ingredients could slide off.
- Make sure your butter is soft enough to spread, otherwise you may end up tearing the bread (which would not be good!)
- Switch out the turkey for another meat, like chicken!
- Add in another sauce like dijon mustard or a garlic aoili.
- Change out the cheese for something different, like Swiss or Provolone.
The possibilities for this panini recipe are endless!
But whatever you do, be sure to make this turkey panini soon. Like right now. It’s too good to pass up and makes the perfect lunch or dinner (no mess included)!
How To Make This Turkey Panini with Bacon and Guacamole:
- Heat a skillet (preferably cast iron) or panini press to medium heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise onto each slice of bread, then repeat with guacamole, spreading 2 tablespoons onto each slice of bread.
- Add the turkey, cheese, bacon, and tomato to one slice of bread. Next, place the second slice of bread on top and spread softened butter over it.
- Place the sandwich, buttered side down, onto the panini press or skillet. Spread the remaining tablespoon of butter on top of the unbuttered bread.
- Press panini maker together and grill for 3-4 minutes, or until the bread is golden on the outside and melted on the inside. If using a skillet, take another heavy-bottomed skillet and press on top of the sandwich to brown the bread. Then flip over and brown the other side.
- Remove from the press or skillet and enjoy!
Looking for more sandwiches? I’ve got you covered!
- Smashed Chickpea and Avocado Sandwich
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Panini
- Turkey, Apple, and Brie Panini
- Tomato, Avocado, and Mozzarella Grilled Cheese
Did you make and love this recipe? Give it your review below and make sure to follow along with me on Facebook and Instagram to get other great recipe ideas!
Turkey, Bacon and Guacamole Panini
- 2 slices thick bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, divided
- 4 tablespoons guacamole, homemade or store-bought, divided
- 1 cup chopped or sliced fresh turkey
- 2 slices Havarti cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Heat a skillet or panini press to medium heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise onto each slice of bread. Repeat with guacamole, spreading 2 tablespoons onto each slice of bread.
- Add turkey, cheese, bacon, and tomato to one slice of bread. Place second slice of bread on top and spread softened butter over it.
- Place sandwich, buttered side down, onto panini press or skillet. Spread remaining tablespoon of butter on top.
- Press panini maker together and grill for 3-4 minutes, or until bread is golden on the outside and melted on the inside. If using a skillet, take another heavy-bottomed skillet and press on top to brown the bread. Then flip over and brown the other side.
- Remove from press or skillet and enjoy!
We’re big fans of panini around here, too! I love, love, love my over-priced panini press! 🙂 And you just can’t beat the combo of bacon and avocados…delicious!
Thank you, Blair! Avocados steal my heart, just love them on anything! 🙂
Oh my goodness. You just reminded me that I haven’t had a panini in so long. Now, my mouth is watering and I’ll be dreaming of these sandwiches all day long. 🙂
Thanks for the panini love, Erin!
Nothing better than a good panini, especially on TGIF!! This one would get rid of those hunger pangs super fast!
Ever since I bought my panini maker I’ve been obsessed! There’s truly nothing better than the golden brown crunchy bread. I love all the flavors you used, especially the havarti!
Thank you, Ashlyn! I agree, golden and crunchy bread is the best, especially with cheese!
A good panini is so satisfying! I love your combination of ingredients and the addition of bacon is perfection! It’s looking like I need to pull my panini maker out of storage! Thanks for the reminder!
Thank you, Annie! Now that I finally used my panini press, I’m hooked!
You totally read my mind. I’ve been seriously craving a really good turkey panini! This looks amazing. 🙂
Now my panini press is calling not my name! There really is nothing like a panini. I love going to quaint little coffee houses and ordering them. Yum. And the turkey/havarti/guacamole combo sound soooo good!
Thanks for the panini love, Amanda!
I do love a good sandwich that doesn’t fall apart. You are so right about the club! This turkey guacamole panini sounds fantastic! I love the guacamole in here and I’m wishing right now that I had a panini press!
Guacamole makes everything better! 🙂 Thanks, Rachelle!
Now I need to make this panini asap! I’m a huge panini fan and get obsessed at times! Great combination! Pinning!
Love the guac in here! Love panini, they make such great lunches or breakfast!
Bacon AND Guacamole! This is my dream sandwich!!
A panini is my favorite sandwich! This one looks soo good – anything with bacon in it, right? I like a plain processed cheese on sourdough panini, but now I’m going to have to get a panini maker and try this one!
Thanks, Aria! And yes to everything with bacon! 🙂
Gayle, this sandwich looks so good. A few years ago, I discovered Harvarti cheese and my family and I love it. This panini sandwich is perfect for the summer when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen. I’m pinning this so I can try one day.
Thank you for the kind words and pin, Neeli! I just recently started to buy harvarti cheese and I love it!
Love the addition of guacamole to this. Yum!!
Thank you, Mary Frances!
I love paninis but have not bought a press….YET. This sandwich is making me want to change that — it sounds amazing with the turkey, bacon, and the guacamole is a great touch! I could really use this for lunch right about now. 🙂
Thanks, Marcie! I’m kicking myself for not using my panini press earlier…but better late than never! 🙂
Ummmm….you totally had me at guac and bacon! That looks like a seriously delicious sandwich. Going to give it a try for lunch tomorrow.
Thanks for the kind words and for stopping by, Jackie! Hope you love this if you try it!