Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
These Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges are crispy, seasoned with zesty spices and Parmesan, and roasted in the oven to perfection. Super easy to make with simple ingredients, you can skip the fast food restaurant and make your own healthy fries!
Today we’re talking about fries. Crispy fries that are seasoned to perfection and hard to resist.
I’m a fry-lover and certainly have a few of my fast-food favorites out there. I’m from Chicago, home to the famous Portillos restaurant chains (known for their hot dogs, burgers and beef sandwiches).
But what I really like from Portillos (besides their amazing salads) is their fries. They’re the crinkle cut kind and are baked until perfectly crisp and golden. I try my hardest to not order them every time I visit Portillos, but let me tell you, it’s hard. Once I get a craving for fries, there’s no stopping me.
I’ll admit that I’m also a sucker for McDonald’s fries. There’s nothing better than sneaking a fry (or three) from the bag as you’re pulling away from the drive-thru. Am I right?
But fries are obviously not the healthiest because they’re fried in grease, of course. So I usually forgo the fries and opt for healthier versions. But sometimes my cravings get the best of me. Like today.
Instead of opting for my favorite fast-food fries, I decided to whip up these Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges.
If you’ve been hanging around here long enough, you know that I’m a huge fan of anything with garlic and Parmesan. From these slow cooker mashed potatoes, to this roasted broccoli and mushrooms, I’m all about garlic and Parmesan. The flavors pair so perfectly together and create a one-of-a-kind taste!
So I guess it’s no surprise that I took my two favorites and paired them together with these Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges.
What’s in These Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges?
The garlic and Parmesan paired with Italian seasoning and a touch of paprika, create an amazing flavor combination!
These baked potato wedges are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The combination of spices and cheese coats the potatoes with a flavorful crust and makes them oh-so addictingly (yes, that should be a word!) good.
Here’s what you’ll need to make these easy potato wedges:
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley (optional)
How to Cut Potato Wedges
Cutting potatoes into wedges is easy! First, slice the potato in half lengthwise. Then, slice each half lengthwise to create equal-sized wedges.
How to Make Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
These baked parmesan potato wedges are so easy to make! The hardest part is slicing the potatoes into wedges, which doesn’t take long at all, especially since you can keep the skin on.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the potato wedges in a medium bowl and toss with olive oil, making sure each wedge is fully coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, slat, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the potato wedges seasoning mixture over potatoes and toss to coat, then place the wedges in even layer on a baking pan.
- Bake the potato wedges until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Feel free to dunk these babies into some ketchup, ranch dressing, or just eat ’em plain. But whatever you choose, I guarantee these baked potato wedges will be the hit of your meal!
How Long to Bake Potato Wedges
These garlic parmesan potato wedges need to bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Don’t like Russet potatoes? Try using a different kind of potato, like red or Yukon gold. Just be sure to watch the cooking time as smaller potatoes may need less time in the oven.
- Looking to switch up the cheese? You could try Romano or Asagio cheese instead.
- Switch up the flavor profile by replacing the paprika with smoked paprika, or ground chipotle for a little added heat!
Tips for Making Oven Roasted Potato Wedges
- Be sure to spread the oven roasted potato wedges out in an even layer, otherwise they may not bake evenly.
- Combine the seasonings together before you put them on the wedges, or you run the risk of the wedges not being seasoned evenly.
- Don’t skip the cooling period! They’ll be too hot to handle if you try and eat them right away!
Looking for more potato side dish recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Loaded Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- Herb Roasted Potatoes
- Garlic Herb Sweet Potato Wedges
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 2 russet potatoes, , cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Parsley for garnish, (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place potato wedges in a medium bowl and toss with olive oil, making sure each wedge is fully coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle seasoning mixture over potatoes and toss to coat. I used my hands for this, but feel free to use a spoon.
- Place each wedge onto a large baking pan in an even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until outside of potatoes are crispy and inside is tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on baking pan. Sprinkle wedges with parsley and serve with ketchup or ranch dressing, if desired.