This Bacon Ranch Chicken Panini is fast, fresh, and ready in no time. Loaded with tender chunks of chicken, crisp bacon, fresh spinach, Havarti cheese, and a garlic ranch dressing, this sandwich is packed with flavor and makes the perfect, easy meal!
And just like that, it’s January! I feel like the last few months have been pushed through like the fast forward feature on TV and DVDs…everything is going 3 times the speed and not slowing down!
And you know what? Life isn’t going to get any slower, but I know you know that. It’s something that I have to remind myself of every day…and to try to live more “in the moment.” That can be so hard when it’s natural to keep planning for things to come. But, it’s one of my goals (not resolution!) for the new year. To appreciate what I have, right here, right now.
Woohoo…who’s excited? It’s the first Thursday of the year, which means that I’ve got an easy and oh-so delicious recipe that take just 30 minutes (or in this case, about 10 minutes) to make. Hopefully that’ll make your day just a little bit better!
And, it’s a panini. Because, let’s face it, paninis are the rock star of sandwiches in my book! Ok, that and grilled cheese sandwiches. But, you get the point.
This chicken panini is fast, fresh, and ready in no time. Loaded with tender chunks of chicken, crisp bacon, fresh spinach, Havarti cheese, and a garlic ranch dressing, this sandwich is packed with flavor and makes the perfect, easy meal!
And we could all use a few more easy meals, am I right? Sandwiches are one of those dishes that I never get tired of. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. With endless possibilities, such as different types of breads, meats, and cheeses, what’s not to love?
This chicken bacon ranch sandwich is the best of both worlds. It’s not only fast, but it’s also so simple to make and very easy to customize depending on your tastes.
Bacon Ranch Chicken Panini Ingredients
To make this chicken bacon panini sandwich, you’ll need the following:
- Sliced bread
- Garlic ranch dressing
- Baby spinach leaves
- Cooked chicken
- Havarti cheese
- Cooked bacon
- Sliced tomato
- Unsalted butter
How to Make a Chicken Panini
Spread a little ranch dressing onto each slice of bread.
Add spinach leaves, chicken, cheese, bacon, and tomato to one slice of bread.
Place second slice of bread on top and spread softened butter over it.
Place sandwich, buttered side down, onto panini press. Spread more butter on top.
Press panini maker together and grill until the bread is golden on the outside and melted on the inside.
What’s the Best Bread for a Panini?
Choose a thicker bread for the panini, such as sourdough or Texas toast. This will help ensure that the sandwich does not fall apart when in the panini press.
Do I Have to Use a Panini Press?
Definitely not! You can also make this chicken bacon ranch sandwich in a skillet.
Tips for Making the Best Panini Sandwich
- I used sliced, fresh chicken that I found in the lunch meat aisle of my grocery store. You just pop it out of the container, and it’s ready to go! But, if you prefer to cook your chicken and then slice it, or use a rotisserie style, go for it.
- I used a garlic ranch dressing that I found at my grocery store, but if you can’t find that, any type of garlic dressing will do. And the cheese.
- Go easy on the dressing. If you put too much on, it will make the bread soft, which then makes it messy and may fall apart.
- This panini is so easy to customize depending on your tastes! Feel free to swap out the chicken for turkey, leave out the spinach, use mayonnaise instead of garlic dressing, etc.
So when your sandwich cravings strike, grab those ingredients and whip up this simple Bacon Ranch Chicken Panini today!
Looking for more easy sandwich recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Turkey Panini with Bacon & Guacamole
- Turkey, Apple, & Brie Panini
- Grilled Ham and Swiss Sandwich
- Italian Chicken Sandwich
- Tomato, Avocado, & Mozzarella Grilled Cheese
Chicken Bacon Ranch Panini
- 2 slices thick bread (such as sourdough or Texas toast)
- 2 tablespoons garlic ranch dressing , divided (if you can't find this particular kind, regular ranch dressing will do)
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped or sliced fresh chicken (I like to use the already shredded rotisserie chicken that you can find near the deli section of your grocery store)
- 2 slices Havarti cheese
- 4 slices bacon , cooked
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , softened
- Heat a skillet or panini press to medium heat.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing onto each slice of bread. Add spinach leaves, chicken, cheese, bacon, and tomato to one slice of bread. Place second slice of bread on top and spread softened butter over it.
- Place sandwich, buttered side down, onto panini press or skillet. Spread remaining tablespoon of butter on top.
- Press panini maker together and grill for 3-4 minutes, or until bread is golden on the outside and melted on the inside. If using a skillet, take another heavy-bottomed skillet and press on top to brown the bread. Then flip over and brown the other side. Remove from press or skillet and enjoy!