Berry Honey Yogurt Parfait
Packed with creamy yogurt, fresh berries, granola and honey, this Berry Honey Yogurt Parfait recipe is a delicious way to start your mornings off right. By sprinkling the parfait with Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder, you can feel good packing your breakfast with nutritious ingredients!
A few weeks ago, the hubster and I woke up around 1:30 am to the sound of howling (more like screeching) coyotes somewhere behind our house. I was confused and somewhat scared at first, as I’ve never really heard a coyote howl, at least like that. My arm went up to poke the hubster, when he turned and asked if I heard the noise.
The coyotes sounded pretty close to our house, and were barking repeatedly, in a high-pitched screech. We also heard a dog barking, though we couldn’t tell where the dog was. Luckily, the barking and screeching stopped a few minutes later. And, hopefully, that meant the dog was safe inside and the coyotes were far, far away.
Now, I don’t live in a rural area, but coyotes have been known to make their way around my part of the neighborhood. It’s mainly due to the fact that there are some wooded areas around my house and a forest preserve not too far off. So, the occasional coyote sighting is not necessarily rare, but still surprises me every time. Especially when I heard their shrieking.
After the coyotes retreated elsewhere, it took me a while to fall back to sleep. And since that happened on a Sunday night, I was not too happy to get up on Monday morning. And when I’m a grouch in the mornings, which, let’s face it, happens pretty much every day since I am not a morning person, breakfast usually doesn’t happen.
I’ve gotten better with eating breakfast lately, but some mornings, I skip it altogether or opt for some tea or coffee instead. So to keep myself on the right track of eating better, I challenged myself to eat better breakfasts for seven days in a row.
And thanks to Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder and Ready-To-Drink Bottles, I can keep my breakfast goals in sight. Because the powder and bottles come in delicious flavors, I look forward the first meal of the day. And thanks to the variety that’s available at Walmart, I stocked up on my last shopping trip!
Ingredients Needed for a Yogurt Parfait
This easy berry parfait comes together with five basic ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need for this yogurt parfait recipe:
- Vanilla Greek yogurt
- Mixed berries
- Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder in French Vanilla
How to Make a Yogurt Parfait
Since I’m sticking to nutritious breakfasts, this fruit and yogurt parfait does just the trick. Packed with creamy yogurt, fresh berries, granola and honey, this yogurt parfait is a delicious way to start your mornings off right.
By sprinkling the parfait with Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder, you can feel good packing your breakfast with nutritious ingredients!
- To start, you’ll simply layer some vanilla Greek yogurt into the bottom of two small glasses or bowls.
- Then, top with some granola, followed by a drizzle of honey.
- Next, toss the berries with the Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder in a small bowl.
- Then, layer the berries on top of the granola, followed by another layer of yogurt.
I told you breakfast couldn’t get much easier than this! So if you’re looking to stay on track with your eating habits, this breakfast parfait was made for you! Filled with fresh and protein-packed ingredients, you’ll be whipping up this parfait all year long!
Can I Meal Prep This Recipe?
You’re likely fine to prep the fruit and yogurt parfait the night before you plan on eating it. I wouldn’t assemble it much further in advance than that, otherwise the granola will turn soggy.
Can I Use a Different Sweetener?
Of course! I used honey, but maple syrup or agave will also work. Use whatever you have on hand.
Yogurt Parfait Variations to Try
- Use a different yogurt: You can use a different flavor of Greek yogurt, or you can substitute your favorite plant-based yogurt to suit your dietary needs.
- Use different fruits: I love making mixed berry parfaits, but any finely chopped fruit will work!
- Switch up the granola: Buy different store-bought granolas, or make your own. Some of my favorites are Pumpkin Spice Granola, Strawberry Peanut Butter Granola,Banana Bread Granola, and Apple Pie Granola.
Looking for more healthier breakfasts? I’ve got you covered!
- Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Banana Kiwi Green Smoothie Bowl
- Apple Pie Yogurt Parfait
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
- Turkey Egg Cups
Berry Honey Yogurt Parfait
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt, , divided
- 1 cup granola, , divided
- 4 tablespoons honey, , divided
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries, (such as strawberries, blueberries and raspberries)
- 3 tablespoons Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder in French Vanilla
- In a medium bowl, combine the mixed berries and Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Powder in French Vanilla. Set aside.
- Spread ½ cup of yogurt onto the bottom of two glasses or small bowls.
- Top with ¼ cup granola, followed by 1 tablespoon honey and ¼ cup mixed berries. Repeat with the second layer in each glass.