With fresh blueberries, juicy peaches, and a buttery crumble topping, this Peach Blueberry Crisp will quickly become your favorite dessert!
How it is that we’re in the last weeks of August? It seems like it was just yesterday that the seasons were changing, school ended for the year, and the 4th of July was still a long time away. Summer is quickly coming to an end, and fall is just around the corner.
I’m in denial, friends. Although I love fall, and everything having to do with apples and pumpkins, I’m ready to hang onto the warm weather just a teeny, tiny bit longer. Who’s with me?
In an effort to pretend that it’s only the start of summer, I decided to make a classic dessert that just screams warm weather and sunny days. This peach blueberry crisp is sure to delight your senses and fill you up with summer memories in every bite.
With fresh blueberries and juicy peaches tossed with cinnamon and sugar, and a buttery crumble topping, this peach blueberry crisp will quickly become your favorite dessert. And if you’re anything like me, crisps make you weak in the knees. I could eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Don’t judge, guys, it’s seriously that good!
I decided to incorporate blueberries, as well as peaches, since they’re so delicious this time of year. I will be sad to see the farmer’s markets end soon, so I’m taking advantage of the opportunity to use fresh produce whenever I can.
And the best part about this peach and blueberry crisp , besides the fruit? The topping! I used old-fashioned oats and rice krispies cereal for the crisp layer. Combined with melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and spices, this topping is irresistibly good. And it smells heavenly when baking, too!
Like most of my recipes, this crisp was a breeze to whip up! The hardest part was peeling the peaches, and trying not to pop the fruit into my mouth before it went into the dessert.
If you can restrain yourself long enough to let the easy blueberry crisp cool after it comes out of the oven, you will be rewarded with a deliciously fresh and sweet dessert, topped with a crunchy, buttery topping that satisfies your sweet tooth. I served mine with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, and quickly inhaled it. Go ahead, I dare you not to have a second piece!
Peach Blueberry Crisp Ingredients
This peach blueberry crisp is made with fresh peaches, juicy blueberries, and a good amount of cinnamon. Here’s what you’ll need to make this blueberry peach crisp with fresh peaches:
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- Old-fashioned oats
- Rice Krispies cereal
- All-purpose flour
- Light brown sugar
- Unsalted butter
How to Make Peach Blueberry Crisp
- Gently stir together the ingredients for the peach-blueberry filling. Turn into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Combine the crisp topping ingredients, then sprinkle evenly over the fruit filling.
- Bake until the fruit is tender and the topping is golden.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Should I Use Fresh or Frozen Blueberries?
This peach and blueberry crisp can be made with either fresh or frozen blueberries. If using frozen, do not thaw before adding to the fruit filling.
How to Store Peach Blueberry Crisp
You can keep this peach and blueberry crisp loosely covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Tips for Making Peach Blueberry Crisp
Although fresh or frozen blueberries will work in this recipe, fresh peaches are a must. You may be able to use frozen peaches instead, but they’re often much firmer and less sweet than fresh peaches.
I baked this peach and blueberry crisp in an 8×8-inch baking dish, but you can also use four 5-inch mini cast iron skillets. This would be a great option if you’re hosting a small dinner party!
Note that instant oats and steel cut oats won’t work in the crisp topping. Old-fashioned oats (or rolled oats) are what you should use here.
Looking for more blueberry dessert recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Easy Blueberry Cobbler
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Lemon Blueberry Bread
- Cinnamon Streusel Blueberry Banana Bread
- Blueberry Yogurt Cake
Blueberry Peach Crisp
- 4-5 medium peaches , sliced
- 1½ cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup Rice Krispies cereal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray an 8x8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray. Alternatively, you can use four 5-inch mini cast iron skillets. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add peaches and blueberries and toss to coat. Pour fruit mixture into prepared baking dish.
- To make the topping, in a separate bowl, combine the oats, cereal, flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Stir to mix well until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- This peach and blueberry crisp can be made with either fresh or frozen blueberries. If using frozen, do not thaw before adding to the fruit filling.