With fresh blueberries, juicy peaches, and a buttery crumble topping, this Blueberry Peach Crisp will quickly become your favorite dessert!
**June 2017 Update!** This recipe was originally posted in August 2014. I decided that the photos desperately needed updating, so I reshot the recipe (but still kept the ingredient list and directions the same). I also kept the original post/story below that I wrote three summers ago!**
How it is that we’re in the last weeks of August? It seems like it was just yesterday that the seasons were changing, school ended for the year, and the 4th of July was still a long time away. Summer is quickly coming to an end, and fall is just around the corner. I’m in denial, friends. Although I love fall, and everything having to do with apples and pumpkins, I’m ready to hang onto the warm weather just a teeny, tiny bit longer. Who’s with me?
In an effort to pretend that it’s only the start of summer, I decided to make a classic dessert that just screams warm weather and sunny days. This Blueberry Peach Crisp is sure to delight your senses and fill you up with summer memories in every bite.
With fresh blueberries and juicy peaches tossed with cinnamon and sugar, and a buttery crumble topping, this Blueberry Peach Crisp will quickly become your favorite dessert. And if you’re anything like me, crisps make you weak in the knees. I could eat this for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Don’t judge, guys, it’s seriously that good!
I decided to incorporate blueberries, as well as peaches, since they’re so delicious this time of year. I will be sad to see the farmer’s markets end soon, so I’m taking advantage of the opportunity to use fresh produce whenever I can.
And the best part about this Blueberry Peach Crisp, besides the fruit? The topping! I used old-fashioned oats and rice krispies cereal for the crisp layer. Combined with melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and spices, this topping is irresistibly good. And it smells heavenly when baking, too!
Like most of my recipes, this crisp was a breeze to whip up! The hardest part was peeling the peaches, and trying not to pop the fruit into my mouth before it went into the dessert.
If you can restrain yourself long enough to let the Blueberry Peach Crisp cool after it comes out of the oven, you will be rewarded with a deliciously fresh and sweet dessert, topped with a crunchy, buttery topping that satisfies your sweet tooth. I served mine with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, and quickly inhaled it. Go ahead, I dare you not to have a second piece!
Looking for more easy dessert recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Blueberry Peach Crisp
- 4-5 medium peaches sliced
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¼ cup Rice Krispies cereal
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly spray an 8x8 square baking dish with cooking spray. Alternatively, you can use four 5 inch mini cast iron skillets. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add peaches and blueberries and toss to coat. Pour fruit mixture in prepared baking dish.
- To make the topping, in a separate bowl, combine the oats, cereal, flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Stir to mix well until crumbly. Sprinkle topping over fruit mixture.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until fruit is tender and topping is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.