This No-Bake Nutella Pie is filled with a smooth and creamy base of Nutella, enveloped in a chocolate cookie crust and topped with homemade whipped cream. Easy to make and ready in no time, this decadent recipe is perfect for impressing dessert lovers everywhere!
How about a little pie to get your Monday started? More specifically, a pie with chocolate, Nutella, and homemade whipped cream?
Have I peaked your interest? I thought so!
Since Mother’s Day is almost here, I thought I would share one of my favorite, easy desserts that is perfect for a special occasion. Not that you need an occasion to eat pie, of course, but…this no-bake chocolate pie would definitely impress those lovely women in your life.
I’ve mentioned before that I am almost a magazine hoarder. I say almost, because I can restrain myself from buying magazines, and try to limit the amount that I do buy. But, I do have my fair share of food magazines, and love finding new recipes and inspirations.
This Chocolate Nutella Pie came from the Taste of Home One Pan Meals issue that I bought a few years ago. I’ve had this recipe flagged since then, and I finally got around to trying it! And let me tell you, this cream pie was an instant hit around here. The hubster practically ate it all, and I couldn’t get enough of the velvety and rich filling.
This Chocolate Nutella Cream Pie really couldn’t get any easier (or more delicious). The cream cheese gives this treat an extra kick of flavor, while the whipped cream balances it all out. Smooth, velvety, and all-around decadent…what could be better?
Ingredients in No-Bake Nutella Pie
This Chocolate Nutella Cream Pie is filled with a smooth and creamy base of nutella, enveloped in a chocolate cookie crust and topped with homemade whipped cream. Easy to make and ready in no time, this decadent recipe is perfect for impressing dessert lovers everywhere!
Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy no-bake pie recipe:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Pre-made chocolate cookie pie crust
How to Make Nutella Pie
Did I mention that this pie is no-bake? Pretty much the best kind of pie in my book! No oven to preheat, just chilling the pie until it’s firm and ready to be devoured.
Beat the whipping cream until it begins to thicken, then add the sugar and vanilla.
Beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
In another bowl, beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Nutella until combined and smooth. Fold in half of the whipped cream.
Spread into prepared pie crust.
Spoon remaining whipped cream on top and spread. Garnish with grated chocolate, if desired.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Can I Make This Pie in Advance?
Yes! This no-bake chocolate pie can be made up to 24 hours before you plan on serving it. It lasts even longer in the fridge, but it’s best within the first day as the filling deflates a bit over time.
Can I Use Low-Fat Cream Cheese?
You should be fine to use low-fat cream cheese in this Nutella pie recipe as long as you’re using brick-style cream cheese. Don’t use the lite cream cheese that comes in a plastic tub!
Tips for Making This No-Bake Pie Recipe
- If you don’t have a pre-made chocolate cookie crust on hand, you can make your own Oreo crust using this recipe. You’ll need to use a 9-inch pie plate for this pie.
- I used name brand Nutella for this recipe, but any chocolate-hazelnut spread will work!
- Heavy whipping cream is a must in this no-bake pie! Whole milk or half and half won’t give you the same results.
Looking for more no-bake dessert recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- No-Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
- No-Bake Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Icebox Cake
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Classic No-Bake Cookies
An Easy Video Tutorial for Making No Bake Nutella Pie:
Chocolate Nutella Pie
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese , softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ⅔ cup Nutella (or other hazelnut spread)
- 1 9 inch pre-made chocolate cookie pie crust
- Grated chocolate , for garish (if desired)
- In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream until it begins to thicken with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with fitted whisk attachment.
- Add sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Nutella until combined and smooth. Fold in half of the whipped cream. Spread into prepared pie crust.
- Spoon remaining whipped cream on top and spread. Garnish with grated chocolate, if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.