This No Bake Peppermint Bark Cheesecake is smooth, creamy, and filled with the flavors of the holidays. From the Oreo cookie crust, to the peppermint candies and white chocolate ganache on top, this easy sweet treat is a must-make for dessert!
- Christmas Vacation
- Home Alone (1 and 2)
- A Christmas Story
- The Santa Clause
I’d say those would round out my top five favorite Christmas movies. Of course, then there’s Elf, The Family Man, The Family Stone, and a whole slew of other movies that I absolutely love, especially during the holidays.
And that doesn’t count the made-for-TV movies (I’m looking at you Hallmark Channel and Lifetime) that always draw me in. I’m a Christmas movie fanatic, and I’m proud of it!
Speaking of TV movies, have you noticed how early some channels started airing their holiday shows? Now, I’m all for Christmas, but the Hallmark channel started their “countdown to Christmas” in October, and then starting on November 1st, aired their holiday movies in the afternoons and evening. Just a teeny bit early, considering they play it 24/7.
But I’ll step off my soapbox now (and probably off to watch a Christmas movie, too)!
Let’s get serious and talk about some dessert. A rich and decadent Peppermint Cheesecake, to be exact.
What Makes This Peppermint Cheesecake So Great
- It’s no bake, which means you don’t even have to turn on your oven!
- This Christmas cheesecake is full of brisk, pepperminty goodness, perfect for the holiday season!
- The creamy cheesecake filling topped with rich white chocolate ganache make this a dessert to remember!
If you’ve been hanging around here long enough, you know I’m ALL about cheesecakes. From this Peanut Butter Cup version, to this Pumpkin Trifle and this Greek Yogurt Strawberry Cheesecake Dip, and that French Toast, I love it all. And you do, too, because cheesecakes are one of my most popular recipes on Pumpkin ‘N Spice!
And since we could all use a little less time in the kitchen and a little more time with our loved ones, especially during the craziness of the holidays, I figured a no-bake cheesecake was the way to go.
In less than 15 minutes, you can have this cheesecake prepped and ready to pop into the refrigerator. Sounds pretty good, right?
Filled with a hint of peppermint, studded with peppermint candies, and topped with a rich, white chocolate ganache, this No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake is decadently rich and delicious. I mean, white chocolate ganache…could that get any better? And I won’t tell if you take a spoonful (or three) when glazing this cake.
So, if you’re a cheesecake and peppermint lover like I am, then what are you waiting for? This easy, no bake dessert will be the hit of the holiday season, I guarantee it!
Ingredients in Peppermint Bark Cheesecake
This chocolate peppermint cheesecake recipe has a very simple ingredients list:
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Granulated sugar
- Peppermint extract
- Vanilla extract
- Red food coloring
- Cool Whip
- Peppermint candies or candy canes
- Heavy cream
- White chocolate
How To Make No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
This peppermint bark cheesecake is so easy to make! Here are the basic steps:
- In a medium bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan. Chill until firm.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add red food coloring and stir to combine.
- Fold in the whipped topping and crushed peppermint candy until completely combined, then spread the filling evenly into the prepared cookie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Once chilled, make the white chocolate ganache and pour over top of the candy cane cheesecake.
- Refrigerate until firm, then slice and enjoy!
Can I Prep This Recipe in Advance?
Yes! This candy cane cheesecake can be made up to 24 hours in advance of serving it. Leftovers will keep for an addition 3 to 4 days.
Recipe Variations to Try
- You could easily turn this into a spearmint cheesecake using spearmint extract, green food coloring, and spearmint candies!
- Switch out the white chocolate for another type of chocolate like milk or dark!
- Try a different type of cookie crust! Graham crackers or shortbread cookies would work.
Tips for Making Peppermint Cheesecake
- Be sure to stir in the red food coloring really well, otherwise you’ll have streaks in your cheesecake!
- When heating the heavy cream, make sure to stir often so the cream doesn’t burn.
- Let the ganache fully cool before pouring it over the cheesecake, otherwise it will melt into the cake!
- I used the “winter red” Oreos, just to give it a more festive touch, but any chocolate sandwich cookie will do.
Looking for more no-bake cheesecake recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- No-Bake Peppermint Oreo Cheesecake
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- No-Bake Apple Cinnamon Cheesecake
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake
- 1 (15.25 ounce) package Oreo cookies , ground into crumbs (I used the "Winter Red" variety, but any kind will do)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- 24 ounces (3 blocks) cream cheese , softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 1 (8 ounce) tub whipped topping , such as Cool Whip
- ½ cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes , plus more for topping
White Chocolate Ganance:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces white chocolate wafers or bar (if using a bar, finely chop)
- In a medium bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch spring form pan. Place in refrigerator to firm up while preparing filling.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, peppermint extract, and vanilla extract until smooth. Add red food coloring and stir to combine.
- Fold in whipped topping and crushed peppermint candy until completely combined.
- Spread filling evenly into prepared cookie crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- To make the white chocolate ganache, in a small saucepan, heat heavy cream until boiling.
- Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- Pour over chilled cheesecake and lightly spread with a spatula. Top with more crushed peppermint candy, if desired.
- Refrigerate until firm.