Perfect for a Friday night or anytime that want a quick meal, these Easy Pizza Quesadillas are sure to become a regular on your meal rotation!
**June 2017 Update!** This recipe was originally posted in September 2014. I decided that the photos desperately needed updating, so I reshot the recipe (but still kept the ingredient list and directions the same). I also kept the original post/story below that I wrote three falls ago!**
It’s Friday night, and the moon is bright. Gonna have some fun, show ya how it’s done, TGIF!
Anyone remember that song from ABC’s TV station Friday night line up from years and years ago? Hopefully I’m not showing my age too much. But that was when Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step, and Boy Meets World television shows (and a few others) were the hits of the season. Ahh those were the days…
But enough about TV shows, though I am super excited for the fall season to begin soon! Nashville, Revenge, American Horror Story, and Grey’s Anatomy, please!
Anyways, since it’s Friday, and I always have that theme song stuck in my head on these days, I thought I would share with you one of my favorite start-of-the-weekend recipes…Easy Pizza Quesadillas! Flour tortilla shells stuffed with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices will create an easy and delicious appetizer or dinner for the start of your weekend.
If you’re anything like me, cooking is not an option on Friday nights. The hubster and I usually go out for dinner or order a pizza. It’s a great ending to the week in my book! And because pizza is hands down my favorite food (I could eat it 24/7), I decided to put a creative spin on it and make these Easy Pizza Quesadillas.
Like most of my recipes, these quesadillas are a breeze to whip! Simply spread a thin layer of pizza sauce onto a flour tortilla, top with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni (or you choice of toppings), and top with a second quesadilla. Brown the tortilla lightly in a skillet coated with butter and that’s it!
In a matter of minutes, you will have a hot and tasty quesadilla, oozing with your favorite pizza toppings. Perfect for a Friday night or anytime that want a quick meal, these Easy Pizza Quesadillas are sure to become a regular on your meal rotation.
Looking for more pizza-inspired recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizza
- One Pan Pizza Bake
- Pizza Skillet Nachos
- Pepperoni Pizza Hamburger Helper
Easy Pizza Quesadillas
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 large flour tortilla shells
- 2 tablespoons prepared pizza sauce
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 10 pepperoni slices
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Dash of garlic powder
- Additional pizza sauce for dipping if desired
- In a large skillet, melt butter on medium heat.
- Place one tortilla on surface. Spread pizza sauce on tortilla in a thin layer, leaving ¼ inch of space from edge. Top with cheese, pepperoni, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Take second tortilla and place on top of pizza.
- Gently place quesadilla onto buttered skillet. Brown evenly on each side for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet and onto plate. Cut into triangles and serve with pizza sauce, if desired.