These Easy Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are a fun twist on the classic kind and ready in just 30 minutes. Filled with sweet pumpkin, cozy spices and topped with the most delicious cream cheese frosting, these rolls are perfect for breakfast or dessert!
It’s been a long time since I’ve made cinnamon rolls.
I do love them, but, I just hate all of the prep work that goes into homemade cinnamon rolls. And that’s why I haven’t made them in years. Remember these overnight cinnamon rolls? Yep, that’s the last time that I made my own from scratch.
Worth the work, but, you know me…I’m all about easy recipes around here!
Which is why I love easy cinnamon rolls. You know, like these easy caramel apple cinnamon rolls.
And since we’re fall is officially upon us (yay!), I decided to put my pumpkin recipes to good use.
These Easy Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls are a fun twist on the classic kind and ready in just 30 minutes. Filled with sweet pumpkin, cozy spices and topped with the most delicious cinnamon cream cheese frosting, these rolls are perfect for breakfast or dessert!
And these really are the best pumpkin cinnamon rolls! The ease of preparation, the soft and flaky rolls, the decadent, cinnamon cream cheese frosting…mmm mmm good!
If you’re like me and don’t have the time (or energy) to make cinnamon rolls using yeast, these easy pumpkin pie cinnamon rolls were made for you.
How to make Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls:
The not-so secret ingredient for making these rolls is a crescent sheet. It’s similar to crescent roll dough, but in one sheet, with no perforations. But, if you can’t find crescent sheets, regular crescent roll dough will work just as well.
Spread the crescent sheet dough (or rolls) onto a flat surface. I like to place a sheet of parchment paper onto my counter and then add the dough on top so that it’s easy to roll, cut, and move to the prepared baking pan.
Now it’s time to add the pumpkin. Be sure to use pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. Then, sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice, ground cinnamon, and brown sugar on top of the pumpkin.
Starting at the long end of the dough, roll over the mixture, forming a log. Using a serrated knife, cut into eight pieces. Place rolls, cut side down, into a muffin and let the oven work its magic.
As the rolls are baking, prepare the cream cheese frosting by beating the ingredients in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy.
Top the pumpkin pie cinnamon rolls with the frosting and get ready to devour!
Some tips for making these Easy Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls:
Bake these easy cinnamon rolls using a muffin pan and not a square or round baking dish! Yes, you read that right! Why a muffin tin? Because if you bake these in a regular dish, the rolls will spread and not rise up soft and fluffy. Trust me, I’ve experimented with this several times! Since the dough is not specifically made to rise like cinnamon rolls (hey, we’re using a shortcut here) baking these pumpkin rolls in a muffin pan will help them achieve that high, fluffy, and roll-like texture.
Watch the cooking time! You want the rolls to be slightly golden brown and firm, but still soft and gooey in the middle.
The recipe for this cream cheese frosting makes a lot, so be sure to slather those rolls or serve some on the side for dunking!
This pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe is best made and served right away. However, these rolls can be microwaved for a fresh-from-the-oven like taste!
How long will these Easy Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls last?
These quick cinnamon rolls (if unfrosted) will stay fresh in an airtight container or ziploc bag at room temperature for about three days.
Rolls will last for about 5-7 days in an airtight container or ziploc bag if refrigerated.
So, have I convinced you yet? These pumpkin cinnamon rolls are easy, tasty, full of cozy flavors, and perfect for just about any time. Your kiddos will love it, your spouse will devour them, and you will be making these over and over again!
Looking for more cinnamon recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes
- Cinnamon Streusel Blueberry Banana Bread
- Baked Cinnamon Sugar French Toast Sticks
Easy Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can (8 ounce) crescent dough sheet or one can of refrigerated crescent roll dough
- ½ cup pure pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk any kind
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 12-count muffin pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Unroll crescent sheet onto a flat surface. I like to place a sheet of parchment paper on my counter and then spread dough on top of it so that it aids in easy rolling, cutting, and removal to baking pan. If using crescent roll dough, unroll into one large rectangle and press perforations to firmly seal.
- Spread pumpkin evenly over dough, almost to edges. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and brown sugar over pumpkin.
- Starting with the long edge, roll dough over mixture until it forms a log. Using a serrated knife, cut dough into 6 pieces. Discard ends. Place rolls, cut side down, into muffin tin. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until rolls are slightly browned on top.
- While rolls are baking, prepare cream cheese frosting. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, melted butter, and vanilla bean paste/extract until smooth and creamy.
- Add powdered sugar and milk and beat until no lumps remain. If needed, add more milk to thin glaze. Drizzle or spread onto warm rolls.
- Cinnamon rolls (unfrosted) will stay fresh in an airtight container or ziploc bag at room temperature for about three days.
- Rolls will last for about 5-7 days in an airtight container or ziploc bag if refrigerated.
- See my tips for making these Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls above recipe box.