These Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies are soft, chewy, and made with just four ingredients. It’s a one bowl dessert that’s ready in no time and the perfect flavor combination of sweet strawberries and creamy white chocolate!
I could really use some cookies today….
You, too? It’s Monday, and sometimes you just have to give into that cookie (or three) to make your day a little more tolerable.
And what’s better than a homemade cookie with just four ingredients? Yep, you read that right, friends. I’m about to introduce you to the easiest (and tastiest) cookies made with cake mix!
I’ve made cake mix bars before, and even these Halloween cake mix cookies, but, it’s been a while. And I’m not entirely sure why, because not only are cake mix cookies easy to make, but they’re incredibly tasty, too!
If you love taking shortcuts in baking, delicious shortcuts, then these strawberry cake mix cookies are about to become your new favorite recipe. There are endless flavor combinations that you can create throughout the year.
If soft and chewy cookies are your thing, then I guarantee you’ll love these strawberry cookies with white chocolate. These easy cookies bake up fluffy and soft, giving that center the chewiness it so deserves.
And let’s not forget about that amazing flavor combo! I’m a sucker for strawberry and white chocolate anything, so it was a no-brainer to combine the two in these easy cake mix cookies.
Ingredients in Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
The strawberry cake mix is sweet, but not overpowering, while the white chocolate chips provide just the right amount of balance. It’s a match made in cookie heaven, friends!
And did I mention the simple ingredients? You probably have everything in your pantry to make these shortcut cookies. And I promise you’ll love them just as much as I do!
Here’s what you’ll need to make cake mix into cookies:
- Strawberry cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- While chocolate chips
How to Make Cookies From Cake Mix
Now, let’s get down to business. Because these Strawberry Cake Cookies contain four ingredients, your prep time will be about 5 minutes, if that.
Here’s an overview of how the strawberry cake mix cookies are made:
- Simply mix everything together in a large bowl, then fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Pop the bowl in the fridge for the dough to slightly firm up.
- I like to take an ice cream scoop and scoop the batter onto two large baking pans lined with parchment paper. That way, you’ll get an even amount of dough in every cookie.
- Then, bake until done!
Do I Have to Chill the Dough?
You can scoop and bake these easy cake mix cookies right away, but chilling the dough for just a bit helps them to retain their shape and not spread as much.
Can I Add Other Mix-Ins?
Sure, why not?! You can add any mix-ins you’d like, or you could use semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of white chocolate. Your strawberry cookies will taste more like chocolate-covered strawberries that way!
How to Store the Cookies
You’ll want to store these strawberry cake cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. They’ll last up to four days.
Can I Freeze Cake Mix Cookies?
Yes! Let them cool completely, then freeze them on a baking tray until hardened. Once solid enough to stack, seal inside a freezer bag. To thaw, place on your counter or reheat gently in the oven or microwave.
Tips for Making Strawberry Cake Cookies
- Refrigerating the dough is encouraged, though not required. Chilling the dough for about 15-20 minutes will help it firm up and be easier (and less messy) to form into balls. It will also help ensure that the cookies puff up and do not spread as easily.
- Use an ice cream scoop (about a 2 tablespoon scoop) to ensure the same amount of cookie dough in each cookie.
- For easy cleanup, line two large baking pans with parchment paper.
Whether you have a party, get-together, school function for the kiddos, or are just in need of some ooey-gooey cookies, these Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies were made for you!
Looking for more easy cookie recipes?
- Chocolate Chunk Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Glazed Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Chai Sugar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box strawberry cake mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir in the cake mix, oil and eggs until thoroughly combined. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 15-20 minutes, so that dough is easier to shape into balls and cookies retain their shape and do not spread out.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking pans with parchment paper, or lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Shape dough into rounded balls (or use at 2 tablespoon ice cream scoop for even cookies) and place onto prepared baking pans.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes, then move to wire rack to cool completely.