Strawberry Cinnamon Dump Cake
This Strawberry Dump Cake is a deliciously easy dessert that’s loaded with flavor. With just four ingredients and hardly any prep time, this simple cake tastes like your favorite cobbler, but without all of the work!
If you’re not familiar with dump cakes, let me fill you in. It’s just what the name implies…you ‘dump’ all of the ingredients into a pan and bake!
There are usually no complicated or lengthy ingredients. In fact, the first time I made a dump cake, it contained just four ingredients: canned pie filling (I used peach filling), peach slices, dry cake mix, and butter. That’s it!
You layer everything together and bake until it resembles a cobbler. But, without all of the prep work, of course!
Remember this Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake from a few years ago? It got rave reviews, so I decided to whip up another tasty dump cake, but this time, with no slow cooker and using lots of strawberries!
Especially come summer, it’s a dessert that I turn to in a pinch. Just a few ingredients, less than 5 minutes of prep time, and into the oven it goes. What could be better?
This strawberry dump cake is a deliciously easy dessert that’s loaded with flavor. With just four ingredients and hardly any prep time, this simple cake tastes like your favorite cobbler, but without all of the work.
Filled with fresh strawberries, a hint of cinnamon and topped with a buttery, crumbly topping, this dump cake with strawberries is sure to be a winner all year long!
Strawberry Dump Cake Ingredients
Trust me when I say this strawberry dump cake is one of my favorite desserts to date. I feel like I’m cheating with just four ingredients (and maybe I am), but I can’t believe how delicious this sweet combination is.
For this dump cake, I used:
- Golden butter cake mix
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries Instead?
I made this strawberry dump cake fresh strawberries, but I imagine frozen would work as well.
Or, try using canned strawberry pie filling if you’re short on time or don’t want have fresh strawberries on hand.
Can I Use Another Type of Berry?
Of course! It’s very easy to customize this strawberry dump cake recipe. Use any berry you’d like, or a blend of berries. You’ll need roughly 32 ounces of fruit in total.
Can I Use Another Type of Cake Mix?
Yes, you may use a 32-ounce box of yellow or white cake mix instead of golden butter cake mix, if desired.
How to Make Strawberry Dump Cake
Remember when I said that the prep time for this strawberry dump cake was a breeze? It really is, friends!
Here’s an overview of how the dump cake comes together:
- Slice your strawberries, layer on the bottom of a greased pan, followed by a touch of cinnamon and cake mix on top.
- Add the slices of butter on top and pop it into the oven.
- In about 45 minutes, your decadently sweet dessert will be ready to be devoured.
- Serve warm with a big scoop (or three) of vanilla ice cream!
The fresh strawberries bake up soft and juicy, while the touch of cinnamon and buttery, crumbly topping give it the perfect touch. Mmm mmm good!
How to Tell When a Dump Cake Is Done
Because there are so many strawberries in this recipe, it can be tough to tell when the cake is cooked through.
You want the top to be golden brown and set. As the fresh strawberry dump cake cools, it’ll firm up. However, it will remain somewhat soft and squishy.
Tips for Making Strawberry Dump Cake
- If you’re not a fan of cinnamon, feel free to omit it.
- For the cake mix, yellow, white, strawberry, or french vanilla works perfectly, too. I chose to use the golden butter kind because of the richer taste.
- Note that you don’t make the cake mix like it instructs on the box. You add it to this dump cake like a dry ingredient.
How to Serve Dump Cake
Serve this dump cake with more strawberries, a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and / or sweetened whipped cream.
I prefer serving dump cake warm, but it’s delicious at room temperature as well!
Looking for more easy cake recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Easy Strawberry Poke Cake
- Blueberry Coffee Cake Bites
- Blueberry Yogurt Cake
- Strawberry Pound Cake
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Banana Upside Down Cake
Cinnamon Strawberry Dump Cake
- 2 pounds (32 ounces) fresh strawberries, sliced (or about 2 cups frozen strawberries)
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 (16.25 ounce) box golden butter cake mix, (yellow or white works, too)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking pan or glass dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place strawberries in an even layer onto bottom of prepared pan. Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of strawberries in an even layer, followed by another ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon. Place sliced butter on top of cake mix, covering as much of the mix as possible.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until topping is golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.