This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DuncanHinesHoliday #CollectiveBias
Holiday Cake Mix Bars make a simple, one bowl treat that’s ready in no time. With just a few ingredients, these bars bake up soft, chewy, and all-around delicious!
The holiday season is here, friends!
We are officially in the hustle and bustle of shopping, wrapping, decorations, and baking!
I just love baking during the holidays. It’s always extra special this time of year and I always look forward to it. And easy desserts are a must for me, especially when the season gets hectic. After all, my main focus around here is simplicity!
And since it’s the most wonderful time of the year, these cake mix bars are the most wonderful treat to share.
When I was shopping at Walmart last week, I stumbled across Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix. I have always loved baking with this brand. Duncan Hines® is delicious, convenient, and affordable. And by using their mixes, you can whip up desserts with just five ingredients or less, and that’s a winner in my book!
And the most delicious cakes begin with a perfectly moist batter. And by using the Classic Yellow Cake Mix, you can customize it with your favorite Duncan Hines frostings and toppings. For more holiday recipe inspiration, be sure to head over to this site. And be sure to check out this Ibotta offer while supplies last!
After stocking up on a few boxes of the yellow cake mix, I headed home to do some holiday baking, starting with this cake mix bar recipe.
These bars using cake mix are an easy, one bowl treat that makes the best dessert. From the soft and fluffy cake batter, to light and decadent taste, this will quickly become a holiday favorite every year!
These cake bars taste very similar to pound cake, but without all of the prep work (and ingredients). And because the holidays are oh-so hectic, you can whip up this easy dessert in no time.
How to make Holiday Cake Mix Bars:
This is one of the easiest (and tastiest!) desserts that I’ve shared in a while. One bowl, a handful of ingredients, and some time in the oven is all it takes!
- To start, cream together softened cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. An electric hand mixer will do just the trick to whip this up in no time. While it may seem strange to add cream cheese to the batter, don’t skip it! It helps deepen the flavor and keep the bars fluffy.
- Add the yellow cake mix and egg and beat until combined.
- Gently fold in some white chocolate chips and holiday sprinkles and spread into a greased baking pan. Then, let the oven work its magic.
Can I use another kind of cake mix in these bars?
Absolutely! Pretty much any variety would work well. White, red velvet, or chocolate would also be perfect for the holidays.
Variations of Holiday Cake Mix Bars:
Add a teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract for extra flavor!
Sprinkle in some chocolate candies or chopped cookies to the batter before baking!
Melt some white chocolate or spread some frosting on top of the cooled bars!
How long do these Holiday Cake Mix Bars last?
These easy cake mix bars will keep covered in an airtight container for up to four days.
So, there you have it, friends! Your one bowl, simple ingredient, festive holiday dessert is just waiting for you. So grab those ingredients and impress your holiday guests!
Looking for more easy holiday desserts? I’ve got you covered!
- White Chocolate Peppermint Scones
- Blueberry Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts
- Glazed Eggnog Bread
- Frosted Peppermint Brownies
Holiday Cake Mix Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy with a electric hand mixer, about 2-3 minutes. Add Duncan Hines® Classic Yellow Cake Mix and egg and beat until combined. Fold in white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Pour batter into prepared pan. Top batter with more sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake for 37-42 minutes, or until bars turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Cut into bars and serve.
Like what you see? Then be sure to head to your nearest Walmart to find their selection of Duncan Hines®!