Holiday Cake Mix Bars make a simple, one bowl treat that’s ready in no time. With just a few ingredients, these bars bake up soft, chewy, and all-around delicious!
The holiday season is here, friends! We are officially in the hustle and bustle of shopping, wrapping, decorations, and baking!
I just love baking during the holidays. It’s always extra special this time of year and I always look forward to it. And easy desserts are a must for me, especially when the season gets hectic. After all, my main focus around here is simplicity!
And since it’s the most wonderful time of the year, these cake mix bars are the most wonderful treat to share.
After stocking up on a few boxes of the yellow cake mix, I headed home to do some holiday baking, starting with this cake mix bar recipe.
These is easy, one bowl dessert using yellow cake mix that makes the best holiday treat. From the soft and fluffy cake batter, to light and decadent taste, this will quickly become a holiday favorite every year!
These cake bars taste very similar to pound cake, but without all of the prep work (and ingredients). And because the holidays are oh-so hectic, you can whip up this easy dessert in no time.
What’s Needed for Cake Mix Bars?
To make these easy yellow cake mix cookie bars, you’ll need the following simple ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Yellow cake mix
- White chocolate chips
How to Make Holiday Cake Mix Bars
This is one of the easiest (and tastiest!) desserts that I’ve shared in a while. One bowl, a handful of ingredients, and some time in the oven is all it takes!
- To start, cream together softened cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. An electric hand mixer will do just the trick to whip this up in no time. While it may seem strange to add cream cheese to the batter, don’t skip it! It helps deepen the flavor and keep the bars fluffy.
- Add the yellow cake mix and egg and beat until combined.
- Gently fold in some white chocolate chips and holiday sprinkles and spread into a greased baking pan. Then, let the oven work its magic.
Can I Use Another Type of Cake Mix?
Absolutely! Pretty much any variety would work well. White, red velvet, or chocolate would also be perfect for the holidays.
How to Store Yellow Cake Mix Bars
These easy cake mix bars will keep covered in an airtight container for up to four days.
Variations of Holiday Cake Mix Bars
- Add a teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract for extra flavor!
- Sprinkle in some chocolate candies or chopped cookies to the batter before baking!
- Melt some white chocolate or spread some frosting on top of the cooled bars!
Tips for Making Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- I made this dessert with yellow cake mix, but any type of cake mix can be used!
- If you’re making these for another holiday (Mother’s Day or Easter, perhaps?), use different colored sprinkles to make these bars super festive.
- I recommend using full-fat, brick-style cream cheese for best results.
- Add the cake mix to the bowl like you would a dry ingredient. Do NOT add the extra ingredients called for on the side of the box.
Looking for more easy holiday desserts? I’ve got you covered!
- White Chocolate Peppermint Scones
- Blueberry Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts
- Glazed Eggnog Bread
- Frosted Peppermint Brownies
- White Chocolate-Dipped Eggnog Cookies
Holiday Cake Mix Bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together cream cheese and butter with a electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add cake mix and egg and beat until combined. Fold in white chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Top batter with more sprinkles, if desired.
- Bake for 37-42 minutes, or until bars turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely. Cut into bars and serve.
- See my tips and tricks for making these Holiday Cake Mix Bars above the recipe box.