You’re going to fall in love with how easy and delicious this Peppermint Cheesecake Dip recipe is to make. It’s a bright and refreshing dessert option for your holiday table. This treat mixes up in minutes and will be a hit with everyone!
Candy Cane Peppermint Cheesecake Dip Recipe
If you hadn’t noticed already, I love peppermint flavored desserts. There is just something about them that screams Christmas and makes me feel like it is truly the season of celebrations and parties.
This cheesecake peppermint dip recipe is a combination of my favorite things all in one bowl. It’s super easy to mix up, even kids can make this one, and it is always gone before you know it. This recipe is almost like taking my No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake and making it dippable with your favorite cookie!
Can I Use Real Whipped Cream Instead of Whipped Topping?
In this recipe, whipped topping is easy to use as it makes the mix faster and adds a lot of extra fluffiness. If you prefer to avoid whipped topping and want to use real homemade whipped cream instead, it can easily be substituted. Just make sure when you fold it into the mixture, you don’t over mix as it will lose the fluffiness fast.
If you make real whipped cream, save some to go on top of this peppermint white hot chocolate recipe.
Do I Have to Use Mint Extract in this Candy Can Dip?
Personally, I love the addition of the mint extract as it makes sure every bite of this dip has a mint flavor. If you don’t have it on hand or find it overpowering, you can definitely skip it and just an extra candy cane pieces to the mixture instead.
You can also simply add less of the extract for a milder flavor if you prefer. Experiment to make this dip fit your taste buds and preferences.
How do I Crush the Mints for This Peppermint Dip?
The best tried and true method of crusting peppermints or candy canes for this recipe is to simply unwrap them and put them inside a plastic Ziploc bag then crush them with a heavy object. I like using a meat tenderizer or the bottom of a heavy glass cup.
If you double bag them, you can hand this job over to your kids to help finish. This is a great project or recipe for kids to make since there is no baking or cooking on the stovetop involved.
Tip: Use hard peppermint candies for mixing into the dip, and crumbled soft peppermints to the top for a “melt in your mouth” texture that is great.
What Should I Serve to Dip into This Candy Cane Dip?
This dip is great for around Christmas because it goes perfectly with so many holiday cookies and treats that are already on the table. I’ve dipped butter cookies, chocolate cookies, chocolate chip cookies, my peppermint hot chocolate cookies, slices of apples, strawberries, and even brownie bits into this dip an found it absolutely delicious.
I recommend adding a variety of things like butter cookies, graham crackers (regular and chocolate), and fruit on hand for dipping. Kids would love using mini chocolate chips, mini Oreo cookies, or even mini Teddy Graham cookies for dipping.
Looking for more peppermint recipes? I’ve got you covered!
- Frosted Peppermint Brownies
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Peppermint Frosting
- Chocolate Peppermint Donuts
Peppermint Cheesecake Dip
- 1 block (8 ounce) cream cheese softened
- 1¼ cups powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 container (8 ounce) whipped topping, such as CoolWhip
- ½ cup crushed candy canes about 15 mini candy canes or 10 regular candy canes
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar, vanilla bean paste, and peppermint extract and beat until creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in whipped topping and crushed candy canes. Chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish with additional candy canes, if desired. Serve with pretzels, graham crackers, or vanilla wafers.