Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta is a garlicky, cheesy one-pot pasta recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknights. Serve with a side salad or a loaf of garlic bread for a full meal!
This Instant Pot chicken pasta is creamy, cheesy, and packed with garlic flavor. Best of all, it’s made in just one pot — your Instant Pot!
If you’ve not yet purchased an Instant Pot and are wondering whether it’s worth the hype, it definitely is. Instant Pot pasta recipes like this one are quick and easy to make, plus you can make a big batch of something and have planned leftovers to enjoy for lunch the following day.
This particular Instant Pot recipe features creamy chicken pasta in a white sauce. For a simple weeknight meal, I like to pair the pasta with a side salad, roasted broccoli, or even a loaf of garlic bread.
Instant Pot creamy chicken pasta would also be a great meal to prepare when you have company over. Everyone loves the cheesy white pasta sauce!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
I made the creamy garlic chicken pasta with just a handful of basic ingredients. I typically have most of them in the pantry or fridge, so this pasta recipe comes in handy when I don’t want to dirty a lot of pots and pans for dinner.
Here’s everything you’ll need to make the one-pot creamy chicken pasta:
- Olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- Spices (salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika)
- Chicken broth
- Cavatappi pasta
- Heavy cream
- Cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
How to Make Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
Whether you just bought an Instant Pot or you’ve been cooking with on for years, this creamy chicken pasta in white sauce is pretty much impossible to mess up!
Here’s a look at how the pasta is made:
Set the Instant Pot to ‘saute.’ Once the pot is hot, add olive oil.
Add cubed chicken and season.
Add onion and sauté just until the chicken starts to brown.
Press the ‘cancel’ button on Instant Pot.
Add the chicken broth and the uncooked pasta to the pot and stir.
Cover, place into lock position and make sure the valve is in the ‘sealing’ position. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes.
When the timer goes off, turn off the Instant Pot and do a quick release.
Remove the lid and stir in the heavy cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
Let sit for several minutes to thicken and then serve.
Can I Use Another Type of Pasta?
Yes! Any short, sturdy pasta shape will work for this recipe. Rotini, rigatoni, or penne should also work, but may need to increase the amount of chicken broth by 1/2 cup.
Can I Add Vegetables to the Pasta?
Most likely, yes. However, I’ve only made the Instant Pot creamy chicken pasta recipe as written, so I can’t offer advice on how long or what type of vegetables can be added to the pot.
Can This Recipe Be Made in Advance?
Yes, but like all pasta recipes it tastes best right after it’s done cooking. However, leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day.
Whether you reheat the creamy chicken pasta in the microwave or on the stovetop, you may want to add a splash or broth or cream to prevent it from drying out.
Tips for Making Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta
- I recommend using garlic powder and not fresh garlic in this recipe. Garlic powder imparts more flavor and there’s no risk of it burning in the Instant Pot.
- I recommend using a 6-quart or larger Instant Pot to make this pasta.
- To make just the pasta in white sauce, you can omit the chicken entirely.
Looking for More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes? I’ve Got You Covered!
- Instant Pot Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3½ cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound uncooked cavatappi pasta (see note below)
- 1¼ cups heavy cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Set Instant Pot to 'saute' setting. Once pot is hot, add olive oil. Then add cubed chicken and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and paprika.
- Add onion and sauté chicken until starts to brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Press the 'cancel' button on Instant Pot. Add chicken broth and pasta to pot and stir. Cover, place into lock position and make sure the valve is in the 'sealing' position. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. **The IP will take 15 minutes to come to pressure and then will cook for 5 minutes**
- When timer goes off, turn off the Instant Pot and do a quick release.
- Remove lid and stir in heavy cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Adjust seasonings, if needed. Let sit for several minutes to thicken and then serve.
- Pasta: you can also use rotini, rigatoni, etc., but may need to increase the amount of chicken broth by 1/2 cup.
- See my other tips and tricks for making this Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta above the recipe box.