Soft, thick, and bursting with pumpkin pie spice and sugar, these Pumpkin-Doodle Cookies are full of pumpkin flavor. They’re easy to make and the perfect fall treat to satisfy your pumpkin and cinnamon cravings!
My favorite spice to bake with is cinnamon. Hands down. No questions asked. If I could find ways to add it to more savory dishes, I would do that, too. There’s just something about the aroma and flavor that reminds me of good old-fashioned comfort. The smell of cinnamon reminds me of cozy sweaters, cool fall days, and scented candles. Even when it’s 95 degrees out, the spice is comforting to me.
So I guess it’s no surprise that snickerdoodles were my favorite cookie when I was younger. I loved the buttery base and sweet coating. Even though they’re really a sugar cookie in disguise, snickerdoodles were always magical to me.
And it wasn’t until years later that I learned that it was really just a sugar cookie, rolled in cinnamon and sugar. I remember being shocked, followed by an “ah-ha” moment. I mean, how is it that the cinnamon topping makes these cookies extra delicious?
And that’s where these Pumpkin-Doodle Cookies come in. Soft, thick, and bursting with pumpkin pie spice and sugar, these cookies are full of pumpkin flavor. They’re easy to make and the perfect fall treat to satisfy your pumpkin and cinnamon cravings.
If you love the classic snickerdoodle cookies as much as I do, then you need to try these Pumpkin-Doodle Cookies right now. Go. Run. Grab that pumpkin and get bakin’! I promise you will love the soft and fluffy texture and cozy pumpkin flavor.
These Pumpkin-Doodle Cookies are a breeze to whip up. But you knew that was coming, right? Simply mix together your dry ingredients, followed by the wet ingredients, and then stir to combine. It’s important that you chill the dough for at least an hour, otherwise you will have a very sticky mess on your hands, and the cookies will come out very flat. Trust me on this one!
One bite of these Pumpkin-Doodle Cookies and you will have found your new favorite fall treat. Packed with cozy flavors and bursting with sweetness, I guarantee these cuties won’t last long in your house!
Yields 36 cookies
Soft, thick, and bursting with pumpkin pie spice and sugar, these Pumpkin-Doodle Cookies are full of pumpkin flavor. They're easy to make and the perfect fall treat to satisfy your pumpkin and cinnamon cravings!
1 hr, 15 Prep Time
15 minCook Time
1 hr, 30 Total Time
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl, beat butter with an electric hand mixer or stand mixer with fitted paddle attachment until smooth and creamy.
- Add sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add in egg and flour and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour (or up to 2 hours).
- Once dough is well-chilled, preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking pans with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in sugar mixture.
- Place onto baking pan and bake for 12 minutes or until edges are set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
It is important to chill the dough for at least one hour to ensure that it becomes firm and cookies will bake up soft and fluffy. If you do not chill dough before baking, dough will be very sticky and cookies will come out flat.