These Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Apple Cider Donuts are baked to perfection with hints of fall spices and sweet apple cider. Covered in a vanilla glaze that’s sweetened with cinnamon, these donuts are easy to make and the perfect treat for fall!
I love fall for many reasons, but one in particular is because of apple cider. It’s usually available year round at my grocery store, but I never buy it then. It just seems wrong to drink it in the spring or summer. Instead, I patiently wait until September hits to buy a gallon (or two) of apple cider.
And if the hubster and I go apple picking or to a pumpkin farm, I always buy apple cider there, too. It just seems to taste better knowing that it came from a fall-type place. Know what I mean?
So now that fall is in full swing, I’ve been drinking a lot of apple cider. I love sipping on a hot mug at night, or drinking it in over ice during the day. It’s so refreshing and tastes like fall in glass.
These donuts are baked to perfection with hints of fall spices and sweet apple cider. Covered in a vanilla glaze that’s sweetened with cinnamon, these donuts are easy to make and the perfect treat for fall.
If you always have apple cider in your fridge come fall, then these Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Apple Cider Donuts are perfect for you. The combination of the cider and spices creates a batter that is full of flavor. The apple cider pairs well with the cinnamon and nutmeg, giving these cuties the perfect fall taste. These donuts bake up thick and soft, which is a necessity in my book.
And let’s talk about that cinnamon vanilla glaze. It’s finger-lickin’ good! I’m not even going to admit how many spoonfuls I “tested” before glazing the donuts. And it’s so easy to prepare, too. Just whisk together some powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. It combines hints of vanilla and cinnamon that pair perfectly with the apple cider donut. Trust me, this will be your new favorite glaze!
Did I mention how easy these Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Apple Cider Donuts are to make? Everything is made in one bowl (besides the glaze), with no mixer required. Just whisk together the dry ingredients, add in the wet, and stir to combine.
To pour the batter neatly into the donut pan, I spooned the mixture into a large ziplock bag and then snipped the end off so that I could pipe in the filling. This makes for a much easier (and cleaner) way to get the batter into the pan. Once the donuts are baked and cooled, prepare the cinnamon vanilla glaze and dunk in those donuts!
One bite and you’ll fall in love with the soft texture and cozy flavor of these Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Apple Cider Donuts. These donuts scream fall and are best enjoyed with a tall glass of fresh apple cider.
Looking for more apple recipes? I’ve got you covered!
Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Apple Cider Donuts
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter melted
FOR THE CINNAMON VANILLA GLAZE
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease two donut pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add in the cider, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and butter. Stir to combine
- Pour mixture into a large ziplock bag and cut tip of bottom corner. Pipe mixture into prepared donut pan. Alternatively, you can spoon batter into donut tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until donuts are slightly firm. Remove from oven and cool completely before adding the glaze.
- To prepare the glaze, add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla bean paste/extract, and cinnamon to a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Take each donut and dunk about halfway into glaze. Repeat with rest of donuts.