Cinnamon Vanilla Glazed Apple Cider Donuts
These Baked Apple Cider Donuts are baked to perfection with hints of fall spices and sweet apple cider. Covered in a vanilla glaze that’s sweetened with cinnamon, these donuts are easy to make and the perfect treat for fall!
I love fall for many reasons, but one in particular is because of apple cider. It’s usually available year-round at my grocery store, but I never buy it then. It just seems wrong to drink it in the spring or summer. Instead, I patiently wait until September hits to buy a gallon (or two) of apple cider.
And if the hubster and I go apple picking or to a pumpkin farm, I always buy apple cider there, too. It just seems to taste better knowing that it came from a fall-type place. Know what I mean?
So now that fall is in full swing, I’ve been drinking a lot of apple cider. I love sipping on a hot mug at night, or drinking it in over ice during the day. It’s so refreshing and tastes like fall in glass.
The apple cider pairs well with the cinnamon and nutmeg, giving these cuties the perfect fall taste. These donuts bake up thick and soft, which is a necessity in my book.
And let’s talk about that cinnamon vanilla glaze. It’s finger-lickin’ good! I’m not even going to admit how many spoonfuls I “tested” before glazing the donuts.
And it’s so easy to prepare, too! Just whisk together some powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. It combines hints of vanilla and cinnamon that pair perfectly with the apple cider donut. Trust me, this will be your new favorite glaze!
Ingredients for Baked Apple Cider Donuts
These cinnamon-vanilla glazed donuts have two parts: the apple cider donut itself and the sweet glaze. Here’s what you’ll need to make this recipe:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt
- Apple cider
- Vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Baked Apple Cider Donuts
Did I mention how easy these homemade apple cider donuts are to make? Everything is made in one bowl (besides the glaze), with no mixer required.
- Just whisk together the dry ingredients, add in the wet, and stir to combine.
- To pour the batter neatly into the donut pan, I spooned the mixture into a large ziplock bag and then snipped the end off so that I could pipe in the filling. This makes for a much easier (and cleaner) way to get the batter into the pan.
- Once the donuts are baked and cooled, prepare the cinnamon vanilla glaze and dunk in those donuts!
One bite and you’ll fall in love with the soft texture and cozy flavor of these vanilla glazed apple cider cake donuts. These donuts scream “fall” and are best enjoyed with a tall glass of fresh apple cider.
How Long Do Apple Cider Donuts Last?
These baked apple cider cake donuts are best enjoyed right away. However, they’ll last up to 3 days at room temperature.
Can Apple Cider Donuts Be Frozen?
Yes, they can be stored in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. I recommend freezing them without the glaze for best results.
Tips for the Best Apple Cider Donuts
- Note that this recipe calls for non-alcoholic apple cider. It’s a still apple beverage that has already been spiced. Depending on where you live, it may be called mulled apple cider or something similar.
- You can use any type of milk you’d like in this recipe. If using a non-dairy milk, make sure it’s unsweetened.
- I used this recipe to make regular sized baked donuts, but you can use a mini donut pan if preferred. Just note that the bake time will be drastically reduced.
Looking for More Apple Dessert Recipes?
- Glazed Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Baked Apples with Granola
- Caramel Apple Crisp
- Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- Apple Coffee Cake
Baked Apple Cider Donuts
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup apple cider
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste, (or vanilla extract)
- 1½ tablespoons unsalted butter, , melted
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste, (or vanilla extract)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two donut pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add in the cider, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, and butter. Stir to combine
- Pour mixture into a large ziplock bag and cut tip of bottom corner. Pipe mixture into prepared donut pan. Alternatively, you can spoon batter into donut tin.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until donuts are slightly firm. Remove from oven and cool completely before adding the glaze.
- To prepare the glaze, add powdered sugar, milk, vanilla bean paste/extract, and cinnamon to a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Take each donut and dunk about halfway into glaze. Repeat with rest of donuts.