This Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake is an easy and delicious dessert that captures the flavors of fall. With just six ingredients and hardly any prep time, you can dump everything into your slow cooker and let it work its magic!
Be still my heart.
Are you familiar with them? Believe it or not, the first time that I made a dump cake was about two years ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since then.
It’s one of the easiest (and most delicious) desserts that’s popped out of my kitchen. With just a few ingredients, practically no prep time, and a little lovin’ in the oven, you have a cross between a cobbler and cake, all warm and gooey and just waiting to be devoured.
Now, if you’ve tried (or made) a dump cake before, then you know what I’m talking about. But, if you’ve never heard of it before, the name might sound a little strange. But, trust me…it’s soooo good!
Since I’ve never shared my own dump cake with you before, I thought I would create one that captures the flavors of fall and uses a slow cooker. Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?
This Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake is an easy and delicious dessert that captures the flavors of fall. With just six ingredients and hardly any prep time, you can dump everything into your slow cooker and let it work its magic. Filled with tender apples, a sprinkling of cozy spices, and a warm cake topping, this dish is sure to be a dessert winner!
And if you’ve never used your slow cooker for dessert before, then now is the time to start. This Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake will make you a firm believer that all desserts should be made in the slow cooker.
And did I mention how easy this dump cake is to make? The title says it all. You simple dump the ingredients into your slow cooker, set it, and forget it! The hardest part is peeling and slicing the apples, which really isn’t hard at all.
I like to serve this Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or a generous topping of whipped cream. It kind of melts into the cake, making it even more irresistible and delicious.
So grab those ingredients, your trusty slow cooker, and make this easy and oh-so yummy dump cake today. It’s a cozy fall dessert that you need in your life!
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to see how easy this Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake is to make!
Looking for more apple desserts? I’ve got you covered!
Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- 6-7 medium apples peeled, cored and sliced (I used gala apples)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon divided
- 1 (16.5 ounce) box french vanilla cake mix
- ½ cup melted unsalted butter
- Grease your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
- Placed sliced apples in bottom of slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the white sugar, brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over apples. Lightly toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix and remaining 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Add in melted butter and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle cake mixture evenly over apples.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-6 hours, until edges are set. Center will be slightly wet. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.