This Crockpot Apple Dump Cake is an easy and delicious dessert that captures the flavors of fall. With just six ingredients and hardly any prep time, you can dump everything into your slow cooker and let it work its magic!
Dump cakes. Be still my heart.
Are you familiar with them? Believe it or not, the first time that I made a dump cake was about two years ago, and I’ve been hooked ever since then.
It’s one of the easiest (and most delicious) desserts that’s popped out of my kitchen. With just a few ingredients, practically no prep time, and a little lovin’ in the oven, you have a cross between a cobbler and cake, all warm and gooey and just waiting to be devoured.
Now, if you’ve tried (or made) a dump cake before, then you know what I’m talking about. But, if you’ve never heard of it before, the name might sound a little strange. But, trust me…it’s soooo good!
Since I’ve never shared my own dump cake with you before, I thought I would create one that captures the flavors of fall and uses a slow cooker. Sounds pretty good, doesn’t it?
This Crockpot dump cake recipe is an easy and delicious dessert that captures the flavors of fall. With just six ingredients and hardly any prep time, you can dump everything into your slow cooker and let it work its magic. Filled with tender apples, a sprinkling of cozy spices, and a warm cake topping, this dish is sure to be a dessert winner!
And if you’ve never used your slow cooker for dessert before, then now is the time to start. This Crockpot apple dump cake will make you a firm believer that all desserts should be made in the slow cooker.
And did I mention how easy this dump cake is to make? The title says it all. You simply dump the ingredients into your slow cooker, set it, and forget it! The hardest part is peeling and slicing the apples, which really isn’t hard at all.
So grab those ingredients, your trusty slow cooker, and make this easy and oh-so yummy dump cake today. It’s a cozy fall dessert that you need in your life!
Ingredients Needed for This Crockpot Dump Cake
This apple cobbler dump cake calls for just six simple ingredients:
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Ground cinnamon
- Boxed French vanilla cake mix
- Unsalted butter
How to Make Crockpot Apple Dump Cake
I’ve given detailed instructions in the recipe card below on how to make this Crockpot apple cake. Here are the basics:
Grease your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
Placed sliced apples in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Lightly toss the apples with granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl, combine the cake mix, additional cinnamon, and melted butter. Mix until crumbly, then sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-6 hours.
What Are the Best Apples for Dump Cake?
I used Gala apples, but any cooking apple will work. Think: Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, and so on.
Can I Use Another Kind of Cake Mix?
I’m sure you could, but I’ve only made this recipe using boxed French vanilla cake mix. But I imagine any mildly flavored cake mix — like yellow, vanilla or white cake mix — will work in this easy dump cake recipe.
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel to see how easy this Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake is to make!
Tips for the Best Apple Dump Cake
- Spices: I kept this apple spice dump cake simple by using just ground cinnamon. However, you’re welcome to play around with using apple pie spice, pumpkin pie spice, or a mixture of ground cloves, nutmeg, etc. in this recipe.
- Cook time: You need to cook this Crockpot apple dump cake just until the edges are set. The center will be slightly wet, but that’s okay!
- To serve: I like to serve this apple spice dump cake with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream or a generous topping of whipped cream. It kind of melts into the cake, making it even more irresistible and delicious.
Looking for more apple desserts? I’ve got you covered!
- Caramel Apple Danish
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars
- Glazed Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- Caramel Apple Pie Dip
- Caramel Apple Crisp
Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Dump Cake
- 6-7 medium apples , peeled, cored and sliced (I used gala apples)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar , packed
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon , divided
- 1 (16.5 ounce) box french vanilla cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter , melted
- Grease your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray or line with a slow cooker liner.
- Placed sliced apples in bottom of slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over apples. Lightly toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl, combine cake mix and remaining 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Add in melted butter and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle cake mixture evenly over apples.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 4-6 hours, until edges are set. Center will be slightly wet. Serve immediately with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.