These Stuffed Cheesy Pesto Rolls are an easy dish to make for those hungry dinner guests. Soft and buttery rolls are filled with pesto sauce and mozzarella cheese, and then baked until golden. Crispy on the outsize and oozing with flavor on the inside, this simple roll is sure to wow even the pickiest of eaters!
Stuffed Cheesy Pesto Rolls
It’s time to talk about some carbs today, friends!
After all, carbs are never a bad thing, right?
I’m a sucker for warm, soft, garlic-y, herb-y bread. You know, the Olive Garden type bread sticks, rolls straight from the oven, that sort of thing. There’s just nothing better in my book!
And when my cravings hit, you better believe that I’m allll about the bread. Or rolls, in this case.
And pesto. Let’s not forget about the pesto! From this Easy Basil Pesto, to that Basil Pesto Pasta with Broccoli and Mushrooms, this Pesto Tortellini Bake, and that Quinoa and Chickpea Pesto Salad, I love it all. I have a soft spot for pesto and try to incorporate it into as many dishes as I can.
These cheesy rolls are an easy dish to make for those hungry dinner guests. Soft and buttery rolls are filled with pesto sauce and mozzarella cheese, and then baked until golden. Crispy on the outsize and oozing with flavor on the inside, this simple roll is sure to wow even the pickiest of eaters!
If you love pesto and cheese, then you’ve got to try these easy and oh-so cheesy rolls. They’re bursting with deliciousness and so easy to make. Because remember, I’m all about the easy recipes here on Pumpkin ‘N Spice!
Now, I know pesto rolls aren’t necessarily anything new, but I just had to try them. And I got the inspiration from these Stuffed Pizza Rolls that I made a few years ago. While the pictures definitely need an update (see how far I’ve come in blogging photography?!), the recipe still remains just as delicious.
I used a pre-made biscuit dough, some store-bought pesto (although you could easily make my Basil Pesto Sauce for these babies), and some mozzarella pearls and spices. Easy peasy and oh-so good! In about 20 minutes, these rolls will be piping hot and ready to be devoured.
And the best part? These stuffed rolls make a delicious appetizer, side dish, or late night snack. Pesto and cheese were made for each other, especially when combined in a flaky and buttery biscuit. Mmm mmm good!
Looking for more easy side dishes? I’ve got you covered!
- Roasted Mushrooms with Garlic and Rosemary
- Caprese Pasta Salad
- Skillet Honey Cornbread
- Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Carrots
- Garlic Parmesan Corn
- Creamy Mac and Cheese
An Easy Video Tutorial for Making Stuffed Cheesy Pesto Rolls:
Stuffed Cheesy Pesto Rolls
- 1 can (16.3 ounce) refrigerated biscuits
- ½ cup prepared pesto sauce
- 8 mozzarella pearls
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a casserole dish or 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Flatten each biscuit with the palm of your hand (or rolling pin). Spread about 1 teaspoon of pesto sauce onto the center of each biscuit, followed by one mozzarella pearl.
- Working one at a time, pinch the sides of the roll upwards to seal the dough, and then roll into a ball. Place into prepared dish. Repeat with each remaining biscuit.
- Combine the melted butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Lightly brush the butter mixture on top of each roll. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the tops.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the rolls start to brown and the tops are firm. Remove from oven and let cool. Serve with pizza sauce, if desired.